• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Near miss (almost)

Tonyfr

Are we there yet?
Went out for breakfast this morning with some of the club members. On the way back home coming down the service road on I10 East from Comfort, TX, a six point buck as big as my motorcycle came out of the brush from my left side. I couldn't stop as he ran straight for me. I ducked under the windshield and he jumped over the back of my bike (and me). He left hoof prints where he hit my tail bag. If I had seen him coming, I would have unloaded on him! And yeah, I peed a little.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 174
Went out for breakfast this morning with some of the club members. On the way back home coming down the service road on I10 East from Comfort, TX, a six point buck as big as my motorcycle came out of the brush from my left side. I couldn't stop as he ran straight for me. I ducked under the windshield and he jumped over the back of my bike (and me). He left hoof prints where he hit my tail bag. If I had seen him coming, I would have unloaded on him! And yeah, I peed a little.
Dang!:eek that was close!!!!!!! Also, I think it is OK that you peed a little.:) Damn deer...I would not care if everyone of them died. Two problems solved.. (1) no deer/(2) no deer hunters. We have had an outbreak of CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease), so maybe there is hope. Glad you were unscathed. :)

Deer certainly have a place in this world: right next to the peas and mashed potatoes.

I was lucky. The rack on his head was pretty large and it would have hurt quite a bit.

Deer certainly have a place in this world: right next to the peas and mashed potatoes.

Not for me. See post#2 about chronic wasting disease. For the moment, last I heard, it had not yet jumped from deer to humans but some day it will. And I won't have eaten any venison.

What's with those six point bucks??? Same thing happened to my son on a trip three weeks ago as we started to enter the Tail of the Dragon from the south on 129. It ran up a steep hill and plowed into the right side of his K1100RS (I heard it through Sena as I temporarily lost sight as I rounded a corner ahead of him; our friend saw it as he was directly behind him). Two days later, he was released from the hospital in Knoxville after a helicopter evac. He suffered a concussion and small brain bleed, and banged up his knee a little. He's all back to normal now, but it's something none of us will ever forget. Great gear saves lives for sure! IF he decides to ride that K bike again, I'm sure he'll be posting out here on the forum for some further advice and parts inquiries.

Glad that ended well there bud!:wave
Also glad I wasn't riding with you as I am a better magnet.

A friend used to say that "Close was scratching the first layer of paint". I think this one qualified as close...

Back