Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Got The Job - Oregon, Here I Come

BobMielke

I Got The Job - Oregon, Here I Come

After one final interview in Hillsboro, OR I got the job with Intel. The 3 person team liked what they heard and my appearance didn't scare them to death. I'm now waiting for a salary bid & details on my relocation. Yippeeeee! No more unemployment checks! It will be a 2500 mile move but I love a challenge. New roads, new scenic mountains & forests. Wow! It's a chance to start over with new friends still to be discovered. I never dreamed I stood a chance against all the bright young foreign talent that was there. I guess 37 years of experience in electronics paid off. I should be moving by the end of March, just in time for Spring.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats Bob! We knew you'd kick some ass up there!

Keep us posted on the story as it develops!
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

Kbrick

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMielke
    After one final interview in Hillsboro, OR I got the job with Intel. The 3 person team liked what they heard and my appearance didn't scare them to death. I'm now waiting for a salary bid & details on my relocation. Yippeeeee! No more unemployment checks! It will be a 2500 mile move but I love a challenge. New roads, new scenic mountains & forests. Wow! It's a chance to start over with new friends still to be discovered. I never dreamed I stood a chance against all the bright young foreign talent that was there. I guess 37 years of experience in electronics paid off. I should be moving by the end of March, just in time for Spring.
    Its good to see Intel make a good choice! From SC to Or should be a nice 10 day ride, good luck!
    Last edited by Kbrick; 02-12-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Glad you got the job Bob.You seem to be a great guy from your post,I'm sure they will be glad they choose you.

Wonderful news! Sometimes the worst thing turns out to be the BEST.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

Congratulations with your new job!!
    It shows that experience counts for someting too

Major thumbs up, Bob!!! Welcome to the Northwest!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

BobbieZ
    Best of luck in your new job. The west needs more good people.

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Talking Yeah what M1ka said

Quote Originally Posted by M1ka
    Look forward to seeing you. You're going to love it.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Heyyyy Bob, good on you You are right you do have more than a few great roads to ride. Kind of windy when you were in Portland I bet.
    Jammess

'93 R1100RSL, '10 FJR1300A
    MOA # 50714

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler
    Major thumbs up, Bob!!! Welcome to the Northwest!
    I think you mean NorthWET.

Congrats Bob!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

SNC1923
    Bob: Well done and congratulations!

BobMielke
    Hey Red100RT you're right about the wind. It got to 75 mph in places. How about that drawbridge accident on interstste 5? Imagine one half being 8" higher than the other & a bike hitting that. The other strange thing was letting somebody pump my gas. Haven't done that in 20 years. Do they insist on doing that with a bike too? If so, bummer. I got lost on my way to Hillsboro the first time from the airport in Portland. The Hertz Rental guy had me geting on I5 North. I wound up 14 miles into Washington before I realized something was wrong. All in all it was a great trip. If you've ever ridden in SC you'd see the drastic difference in road quality from Oregon. I saw plenty of bikes out so there must be a way to survive.

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

Hey Red100RT you're right about the wind. It got to 75 mph in places. How about that drawbridge accident on interstste 5? Imagine one half being 8" higher than the other & a bike hitting that. The other strange thing was letting somebody pump my gas. Haven't done that in 20 years. Do they insist on doing that with a bike too? If so, bummer. I got lost on my way to Hillsboro the first time from the airport in Portland. The Hertz Rental guy had me geting on I5 North. I wound up 14 miles into Washington before I realized something was wrong. All in all it was a great trip. If you've ever ridden in SC you'd see the drastic difference in road quality from Oregon. I saw plenty of bikes out so there must be a way to survive.

When I was in OR this summer, the gas attendants handed me the nozzle and I could pump my own gas. I guess they don't want to be responsible for spilling it all over you and the bike . OR is beautiful by the way