Thread: 2004 R1150RS hand guards

2004 R1150RS hand guards

Anything new out there for hand guards? Has anybody modified another bikes hand guards to fit a R1150RS? No, I don't want Hippo hands. I've read a GS guard can be modified and then two threads later read GS guard won't work. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by moondog59 View Post
    Anything new out there for hand guards? Has anybody modified another bikes hand guards to fit a R1150RS? No, I don't want Hippo hands. I've read a GS guard can be modified and then two threads later read GS guard won't work. What gives?
    I put GS hand guards on Voni's R1100RS. I don't know of any hand control changes between the R1100RS and R1150RS but never actually looked to see if they changed something.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Any specific GS, year etc. Or are the same?

I used R1100GS handguards on an R1100RS. It took a slight modification - so slight I roget what it was.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

I used R1100GS handguards on an R1100RS. It took a slight modification - so slight I forget what it was. But it was something about how the handguard fit around the brake master cylinder.

I just got these off of eBay for my RS, some after market guards but they fit great - even had the same color as my bike - and have LEDs built in! The only modifications I had to do is the cylinders that go inside the handle bars were just slightly too big so I had to use the belt sender to grind them down a bit but all else was no brainer. Boy they're a LOT of help in colder days!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Motorcy...53.m2749.l2649

IMG_E1619_2.jpg
    IMG_E1620_2.jpg
    1994 BMW R1100RS (ABS)

I have the GS had guards on my R 1150 R. I too vaguely remember some small tinkering to make them work but don't remember what. I suggest you look for the same model year. The putzing probably had to do with the difference in the pull back of bars between GS and the ones on my bike. Making things wok is half the fun of small projects like this.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!