• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cost effective bore scope

Liaison
Staff member
A friend showed me this today. Depstech WiFi Endoscope. I don't like the name endoscope but it function very well. LED lights on the end to illuminate what you want to see. Use a smartphone to connect to the scope through WiFi. I found it to be really clear and could get quite close to the subject material. Has a couple of attachments for the end. I can see how it might be useful for cylinder inspection through a spark plug hole.

http://www.depstech.com/?portfolio=depstech-wifi-borescope

I would have to see how this works in person. I have one of the common styles, mine is a Bosch-
https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/diy/products/video-inspection-scope
For “raw” viewing it’s ok.......for close up, fine work.....Meh.
It has a fixed focal length so as you work it towards the objective, the objective only looks good from a set distance. This seems to be common with this type of bore scope.
If, by using a WiFi device, they have figured a way around this- it would be a winner.
OM

My favorite ($$$) is by Gradient Lens-
http://www.gradientlens.com/FlexibleBorescopes.aspx

I was pretty impressed with what I could see. I stuck it in a drawer and closed the drawer...could really see well.

The WiFi is really just used to bring the image from the device to a viewer, in this case your smartphone.

The MOST cost effective sighting is 3 rds out of the gun to have it sighted in. It only takes 3 rds to sight any long gun in. Anyone here savvy enough to know how to use just 3 rounds and have the rifle sighted in?

I'll explain how in a subsequent post. Back in 94 I was shown this at HK at their leo counter sniper week long course of fire/training. 3 rds is all it takes, I've had to show this way to two teams of USAF PJ's using their m4's with aim points.

3 rds at the most will cost you 6.00. Don't get much less expensive than that folks. And I don't need a phone, wifi etc. By the time one sets this up, a rifle shooter with the knowledge of sight in in 3 rds will have dialed in the gun, fired what he wanted to check zero and be gone from the range.

The MOST cost effective sighting is 3 rds out of the gun to have it sighted in. It only takes 3 rds to sight any long gun in. Anyone here savvy enough to know how to use just 3 rounds and have the rifle sighted in?

I'll explain how in a subsequent post. Back in 94 I was shown this at HK at their leo counter sniper week long course of fire/training. 3 rds is all it takes, I've had to show this way to two teams of USAF PJ's using their m4's with aim points.

3 rds at the most will cost you 6.00. Don't get much less expensive than that folks. And I don't need a phone, wifi etc. By the time one sets this up, a rifle shooter with the knowledge of sight in in 3 rds will have dialed in the gun, fired what he wanted to check zero and be gone from the range.

I think you may be unclear about the topic being discussed.

Different kind of bore :wave
On a rifle, remove bolt and look through barrel align scope and test.
On a spark plug hole, looking for a dropped electrode, use one of the above methods/tools.
OM

Different kind of bore :wave
On a rifle, remove bolt and look through barrel align scope and test.
On a spark plug hole, looking for a dropped electrode, use one of the above methods/tools.
OM

akbeemer, yes, I was thinking different bore.

OM, if it's not a bolt gun, what then? :)

I have a similar device. The probe is not 6 feet long on mine, and the darn end won't go through a spark plug hole. And I paid a lot more for it. I believe this one in the OP's post is actually a medical device.

A colonoscopy device is much larger in diameter than the scope linked in this thread. That is why they put you out before they bring it out! :eek

Back