• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bought an AeroFLow for my 12GS

mistercindy

I ordered it on Friday, two days ago. It should be in later next week, and on my bike soon thereafter. On the phone the AeroFlow folks seemed darn nice and knowledgeable.

My only gripe about the 12GS is the incredible buffeting I experience at highway speed in heavy winds. Part of the problem is that I sit tall in the saddle (6'0" and only a 30" inseam) so there's a lot of me to hit. I bought a Laminar Lip as a possible cheap solution a couple of months ago, and it really works well (here's the link to my review). But the Lip has developed an obvious stress fracture over the right corner portion of the stock windscreen that one day will snap it in two. I'd rather replace it than experience the break down at 80 mph on some highway.

After installation of the AeroFlow I'll post a review. Wish me luck!

Any report from the pillion

Any report regarding the noise and wind vis a vis from the pillion seat with regard to the AeroFlow?

It's a great bike ... but the noise and buffetting is pretty awful!

Ride well,
Stopwatch
Colorado

Back