• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 18V734 Harley-Davidson

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
NHTSA Recall ID Number : 18V734
Manufacturer : Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Subject : Clutch Fluid may Leak and cause Loss of Control

Make Model Model Years
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHP 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHR 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHRXS 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTCU 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTUTG 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTK 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTKL 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTKSE 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTP 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHX 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHXS 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHXSE 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLRT 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLSS 2017
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLSTFBS 2017
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLTRU 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLTRX 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLTRXS 2017-2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLTRXSE 2018
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FXSE 2017

There are many people who own both brands, including people on this forum. A few years ago there was a report of a survey that indicated that of those that owned multiple brands of motorcycles, the mix of HD and BMW was the most common. It was on the internet so the validity of the report is assured.

Phew! Good thing this is a BMW forum and so we don't have to worry about HD recalls!!! :p <--- This means I was just poking fun. :beer

Thanks AKBEEMER. I had heard something about a recall. Sounds like it's the sumping issue with the new M8 engine, glad to see my Heritage Softail wasn't among the recalled. OTOH I wish I had a new M8 HD! I wonder what the potential "loss of control" is? Probably emotional control, I haven't heard of any riders losing actual control driving-wise...

A few years ago there was a report of a survey that indicated that of those that owned multiple brands of motorcycles, the mix of HD and BMW was the most common. It was on the internet so the validity of the report is assured.

I recall a graph in the MOA News, some time ago, of other bike brands owned by members, and the percentage of Harley owners was huge; something like 40%.

I’ll admit it. I have Harleys in the garage. And I really do enjoy riding them. But ever since I picked up my first BMW, a 2000 RT, I began to rediscover something very different than rumbling around on a heavyweight straight line bike. I sold the 2000 then picked up another, a 1999 RT. Looking to sell it too and get a GS. I have to say, at this point I seriously doubt I’d ever buy a new Harley. Ever.

Back