Thread: View New Posts only going back 24 hours?

View New Posts only going back 24 hours?

Gary / Kurt / Mod Team - Good day.

The "view new posts" button has been wonky for me the last month or so. It only takes me back to those new posts within the last 24 hours or so. It used to go back as far as my last log in date.

I tried looking in user settings and view properties, etc. I did find a note somewhere that said those settings are or could be set or reset by the admin team, but should at least go back 10 days or so (unless changed).

I could not find a similar thread in the last two plus years. Hope you can provide some advice.

Anybody else experiencing similar results? I do log out every time I leave the forum.

Thanks for all you do.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Bob -

There was a discussion about this in another thread and I posted specifically about the issue in this post:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...=1#post1136598

It appears that the New Posts feature really doesn't work as it should...Ted Moyer has suggested that using the Quick Link > Today's Posts is more to the point. There is a user setting in the Admin panel that defines when to turn posts from unread to read. I was having problems with things still being unread long after I had already read them. So, the setting was changed to 24 hours. I tend to visit the forum very frequently.

However, logging out clears cookies and converts all posts to being read. Not sure why you're logging out every time you leave the forum...I never log out.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thanks for the reply Kurt.

I also visit the forum frequently, usually every day. But when I miss a few, I like to be able to pick up where I left off.

My work around is to look at the date of the last post in a thread that I am interested in and if it later than my last visit, I just go to the last page.

I always log out just as a precautionary measure.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III