• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I not forget stuff? I keep losing things.

Lists dont help me because I forget to remember them...I try to put thinks in a place that I HAVE to see in order to do the next thing- glasses on seat for ex. Also buds IN A POCKET- I often forget to put them in my ear after a stop, but at least I have them. The roadcrafter jacket is great with alkl those pockets- I try not to leave stuff out. I hate forgetting hearing protection so between rides I try to leave the container on the seat so I see it. I think a one word reminder to remember taped to the start button would help...Great topic!

A tip put a $20 dollar bill in with your registration and insureance card in a ziplock bag in the tank storeage box. has helped get me home twice when I forgot wallet. I came up with an ideal for this yr. do the frisk me thing. get on bike suited up gloves on glasses on helmet on and before starting frisk myself rear for wallet then chest for phone start bike pull forward and look back. hell if this don't work I guess Ill just have to hire someone to trail me and pick my stuff up

A tip put a $20 dollar bill in with your registration and insureance card in a ziplock bag in the tank storeage box. has helped get me home twice when I forgot wallet. I came up with an ideal for this yr. do the frisk me thing. get on bike suited up gloves on glasses on helmet on and before starting frisk myself rear for wallet then chest for phone start bike pull forward and look back. hell if this don't work I guess Ill just have to hire someone to trail me and pick my stuff up

Hope that works for you. Don't forget the $20 is there when you get stopped and the officer asks to see your license, registration and insurance documents. Might lead to an interesting road side discussion! :)

Friedle

On trips or at the gas station I try putting things back in their usual place as soon as I've finished using it. If I do stash things in various places on my bike, I try to put them where I can't miss them: over the ignition key slot for gloves, on the saddle where I'm going to sit for glasses or phone. Some days when I'm feeling especially stupid, I might tape a reminder near the instrument panel telling me to check for things. For me, a message like "Hey, stupid! You forgot something!" works.

Ditto on the cash with registration idea mentioned above. Back to the OP of forgetting things, years ago we were hanging out in a parking lot occasionally watching a guy spend a good 20 minutes packing his luggage, attaching GPS, fiddling with GPS, in and out of his tankbag, meticulously adjusting cuff to gloves, then getting on and before we could get his attention rolled off the centerstand and immediately engaged the disk lock. BAM and down!

The lock was bright yellow with a cord stretched up to the clutch lever so one could not "forget". Stuff happens. :banghead

Ditto on the cash with registration

Does the cash with registration help when you hand them to the cop? :)

One time Debbie had trouble finding her license and asked the officer if a gift card would work :)
She got a warning.

Does the cash with registration help when you hand them to the cop? :)

One time Debbie had trouble finding her license and asked the officer if a gift card would work :)
She got a warning.
:)

Something that saved me several years ago on a 3-day trip was my Exxon/Esso SpeedPass (I have one for each set of keys). Unfortunately, the Eso one only works in Canada and the Exxon one only works in the US.

You can not only pay for gas but also some items in the convenience store section as well.
Speedpass-Device.jpg

Two things that I use

Remember the "big three" - keys, wallet, phone - check before leaving anywhere and
you will remember everything else if you take time to check for the BIG THREE

When breaking camp or leaving hotel, last thing to do is a shriner circle to look for something you dropped.

Does the cash with registration help when you hand them to the cop? ...
I doubt that would end well. Back in 2010 when Bert removed 670 zip ties from our S removing stuff he never checked for the registration under the seat. There's 60 dollars I'll never get back. :)

Bert removed 670 zip ties from our S removing stuff he never checked for the registration under the seat. There's 60 dollars I'll never get back. :)

Are you sure Bert didn't find the registration and $60 :)

Back