Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Radio speakers? How do I improve sound quality?

Quote Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
    Between poorub and motorhead there are about 75 posts. Paul Glaves alone has nearly 15,000, virtually all of them extremely positive and helpful. You two are being whiners, on first reading his post I thought ... of course, Harley riders, that makes sense. Take advice where you get it and relax. This forum is fun, if you want to get a hard time there are other, better places.
    My experience with his posts the short time I have been on the forum, let's say they have been less than helpful. Can me a whiner if you like but go back to his post in this thread and explain to me how it relates to the question I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    My experience with his posts the short time I have been on the forum, let's say they have been less than helpful. Can me a whiner if you like but go back to his post in this thread and explain to me how it relates to the question I posted.
    I think Paul's point was that radios and speaker upgrades and such are very common on Harleys so looking there may be a good start. That made logical sense to me. It seemed like he was simply trying to point to a potential answer.

My experience over the years is that Paul has always been a stand up guy with a lot of helpful information. But then that is just my opinion.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    I think Paul's point was that radios and speaker upgrades and such are very common on Harleys so looking there may be a good start. That made logical sense to me. It seemed like he was simply trying to point to a potential answer.

My experience over the years is that Paul has always been a stand up guy with a lot of helpful information. But then that is just my opinion.
    It seemed he was complaining more about the loud speakers on Harleys than anything helpful about R1200s and I was not the only one here that got that out of it.

It seemed he was complaining more about the loud speakers on Harleys than anything helpful about R1200s and I was not the only one here that got that out of it.
    Nonsense. It was meant to be helpful. That is the fair reading of what I wrote. I'm sorry if you didn't read it that way. You didn't by chance ever ride an HD did you?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Looks like Paul referred you to Harleys (his experience with them is they are often loud...lol) Then I mentioned a Harley forum where sponsoring vendors (as well as an entire section of discussion) could yield some sources. The vendors (Crutchfield was one, there were others) were not all HD specific and the issues the guys discuss aren't either. (Fidelity, power, etc)

I suppose some try to answer the EXACT question posed, others try to give suggestions within the realm of their experience...sometimes that throws threads way off, sometimes it opens unexplored avenues related to the original question. I'd take those as a sign of people trying to be helpful.

Oh, and yeah, I take a little (good natured) umbrage when BMW forum stereotypes HD riders as well as when my HD friends stereotype BMW riders...no one seems to make fun of Triumph riders, so I don't need to defend the marque!

sooo- no, I haven't changed the (sucky) speakers on the RT but may I suggest you see what Harley riders have done?

I did read his post and thought it was useful and not pejorative. The way it relates is that they (my friends who are Harley riders) spend mega-bucks on farkles, who better to ask.

Read a random smattering of his posts and you’ll see he’s been dedicated to bmw riders and this forum. We don’t always agree, and occasionally argue, but his experience dwarfs that of most of us.

I couldn't disagree more with you. Paul's posts are helpful, insightful and intended to be supportive of the poster's question. I thought his advice to check with Harley posts was right on and a great extra consideration.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Quote Originally Posted by powwow View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with you. Paul's posts are helpful, insightful and intended to be supportive of the poster's question. I thought his advice to check with Harley posts was right on and a great extra consideration.
    +1
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

ditto...Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Nonsense. It was meant to be helpful. That is the fair reading of what I wrote. I'm sorry if you didn't read it that way. You didn't by chance ever ride an HD did you?
    So because I also ride a Harley I get offended about comments made about Harleys? Trust me, I am not very impressed by many Harley riders either. In fact that isn't limited by the brands they ride. I have met A-holes on all brands.