• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can't load a picture.

I'm unable to copy the window that pops up, but this is what it says:

This site says....

The following errors occurred.

Tree carving: image

Upload of file failed.

My procedure:

Hit Reply to thread
Hit Attachments
Hit Browse

Find picture in my picture files

Hit Upload

I see the spinney thing going around for two minutes.

Then that message pops up.

I hit OK and it disappears.

I've used this many times in the past with good results.

I'm unable to copy the window that pops up, but this is what it says:

This site says....

The following errors occurred.

Tree carving: image

Upload of file failed.

My procedure:

Hit Reply to thread
Hit Attachments
Hit Browse

Find picture in my picture files

Hit Upload

I see the spinney thing going around for two minutes.

Then that message pops up.

I hit OK and it disappears.

I've used this many times in the past with good results.

That looks to me like a "time out" on the attempt......Possibly due to internet connection or speed of the connection.

This page has some good info- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?2021-How-do-I-post-a-picture/page53 especially Lew's post and pictorial.

Is this a sudden new problem or months old?
OM

Sounds like the picture is too big to upload. What operating system are you using? Windows has a paint program which would tell you the resolution (size, pixels) of the image. I'm sure Apple products have something similar.

If you want to PM me we can exchange emails and you can send me the picture and I can give it a look over...and even a test upload. Or try googling "how to reduce picture size" and check out a few websites.

It is a no name Chinese phone. The jpeg images seem to vary between 3.5 - 7.5 MB. Too large?

I think the only site I can upload a picture that large to is ADV.
Even form my desktop and a good internet speed I can't upload large files like that to this site or I-BMW.
I usually reduce the file size before uploading to a forum.

I think the only site I can upload a picture that large to is ADV.
Even form my desktop and a good internet speed I can't upload large files like that to this site or I-BMW.
I usually reduce the file size before uploading to a forum.

Until yesterday I had never checked the size of my phone's images. I incorrectly assumed that they would be smaller than my cameras' . :brad

One more reason I love ADV!

As fir SmugMug it just had a big revamp not too long ago. I think they keep pretty up to date for their professional level customers.

ADV moved over to Xenforo forum software...different package with different features and limits.

One more reason I love ADV!

As fir SmugMug it just had a big revamp not too long ago. I think they keep pretty up to date for their professional level customers.
I find ADV ok. Posting a question seems to bring out the group that wants to see who can be the cutest :scratch There is a lot of "clutter" to wade through......maybe it's just the volume of posters "chomping at the bit" to post- something. Some of their Members have done a spectacular job of organizing specific threads that relate to specific repairs- Wildman comes to mind. Their new forum software is very nice Xenforo has some nice features.
It would seem that the time that I have been visiting ADV, there have been a lot of changes.......such as ads- possibly disappearing on a login......and
Subscriptions are finally here! You can sign up to be a site supporter here. Free ADV gear for annual subscribers :) Leading me to think that traffic may be off there as well (I think they may have their own server farm :) ).
OM

EDIT- I dug through some cobwebs.....this thread begad with a simple question about Hippo Hands......the cold weather hand-guards. You will need to be logged in. https://advrider.com/f/threads/dont-buy-hippo-hands.753316/

Last edited:
Back