Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Can't load a picture.

  1. #1
    Sir Darby Darryl Cainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,636

    Can't load a picture.

    I tried to load a picture but it keeps saying "failed" Is there a new way to do it?
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

  2. #2
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,755
    Need more info-
    Have you had success in the past?
    When was the last time you specifically logged out....and logged in for a “fresh” “session”.
    Have you tried to post a picture on another device?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  3. #3
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    I tried to load a picture but it keeps saying "failed" Is there a new way to do it?
    That I do not know but I have discovered that jpeg images taken with my phone don't load. Jpeg images taken with my cameras upload with no problems.

    Contact Ray Tubbs.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

    Contact me and become a Volunteer in Lebanon! rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org

  4. #4
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    That I do not know but I have discovered that jpeg images taken with my phone don't load. Jpeg images taken with my cameras upload with no problems.

    Contact Ray Tubbs.
    First I have heard of this......What kind of phone are you having trouble with?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  5. #5
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    First I have heard of this......What kind of phone are you having trouble with?
    OM
    Cell phone pictures files tend to be very large compared to a camera.

    Last week I tried to upload a couple pictures from my phone and it failed.
    The file sizes were huge, 5 to 6 MB.
    The pictures from my phone that were under 3 MB uploaded without a problem.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #6
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,124
    New limits on image uploads are 5Mb or 2000x2000 pixels which ever comes first. I suspect the thing that gets caught is the pixel size.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  7. #7
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    548
    Even from my photo hosting site the pics have to be small size format to work. Do you have an online hosting source? I've been using SmugMug for over 10 years and have over 13 000 pics up. I find it very good and pretty seamless for putting up pics which I do a lot on a number of forums. It's a pay site but in my opinion worth it. They have a number of levels from beginner like me to full professional. There is a coupon in my sig line to save a few $$ on entry.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  8. #8
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Cell phone pictures files tend to be very large compared to a camera.

    Last week I tried to upload a couple pictures from my phone and it failed.
    The file sizes were huge, 5 to 6 MB.
    The pictures from my phone that were under 3 MB uploaded without a problem.
    I do it from my (older) iPhone.......I do it from my iPad. Only trouble has been an orientation deal that I haven’t found a 100% cure for.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,138

    Pictures

    Lately I’ve been emailing pictures to my self because after I hit send iPhone or iPad will ask if I want to send small, medium, large or original size. Medium seems to work well last post on fall 2017 tread in photography tread first 2 medium last I chose large it uploaded but I got the apple rotation thing.
    Short version easiest way for me to resize pictures is to use my email program

    Edit: did not seem to work when I sent pictures to my self using the iPad
    Last edited by 179212; 10-28-2018 at 12:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I do it from my (older) iPhone.......I do it from my iPad. Only trouble has been an orientation deal that I haven’t found a 100% cure for.
    OM
    Look for a picture with a file size of 6 MB and try to send it.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  11. #11
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Lately I’ve been emailing pictures to my self because after I hit send iPhone or iPad will ask if I want to send small, medium, large or original size. Medium seems to work well last post on fall 2017 tread in photography tread first 2 medium last I chose large it uploaded but I got the apple rotation thing.
    Short version easiest way for me to resize pictures is to use my email program
    Yep, emailing a picture to yourself is a easy way to reduce the file size.
    This works with my Android phone and tablet.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  12. #12
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Look for a picture with a file size of 6 MB and try to send it.
    Going to pass on that. I try not to fight success
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  13. #13
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Going to pass on that. I try not to fight success
    OM
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  14. #14
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    First I have heard of this......What kind of phone are you having trouble with?
    OM
    It is a no name Chinese phone. The jpeg images seem to vary between 3.5 - 7.5 MB. Too large?
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

    Contact me and become a Volunteer in Lebanon! rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org

  15. #15
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    It is a no name Chinese phone. The jpeg images seem to vary between 3.5 - 7.5 MB. Too large?
    See my post here:

    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...=1#post1146273
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Similar Threads

  1. NAV II, how to load .GPX files?
    By jstrube in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM
  3. ESA pre-load: is it real spring pre-load adjustment?
    By dhthorpe in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
  4. Ho do I get a picture in 'Picture-of-the-week'
    By MotorradMike in forum Forum Software Specific Help. NOT for bike related questions.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 07:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •