• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can't load a picture.

Need more info-
Have you had success in the past?
When was the last time you specifically logged out....and logged in for a “fresh” “session”.
Have you tried to post a picture on another device?
OM

I tried to load a picture but it keeps saying "failed" Is there a new way to do it?

That I do not know but I have discovered that jpeg images taken with my phone don't load. Jpeg images taken with my cameras upload with no problems.

Contact Ray Tubbs.

That I do not know but I have discovered that jpeg images taken with my phone don't load. Jpeg images taken with my cameras upload with no problems.

Contact Ray Tubbs.

First I have heard of this......What kind of phone are you having trouble with?
OM

First I have heard of this......What kind of phone are you having trouble with?
OM

Cell phone pictures files tend to be very large compared to a camera.

Last week I tried to upload a couple pictures from my phone and it failed.
The file sizes were huge, 5 to 6 MB.
The pictures from my phone that were under 3 MB uploaded without a problem.

New limits on image uploads are 5Mb or 2000x2000 pixels which ever comes first. I suspect the thing that gets caught is the pixel size.

Even from my photo hosting site the pics have to be small size format to work. Do you have an online hosting source? I've been using SmugMug for over 10 years and have over 13 000 pics up. I find it very good and pretty seamless for putting up pics which I do a lot on a number of forums. It's a pay site but in my opinion worth it. They have a number of levels from beginner like me to full professional. There is a coupon in my sig line to save a few $$ on entry.

Cell phone pictures files tend to be very large compared to a camera.

Last week I tried to upload a couple pictures from my phone and it failed.
The file sizes were huge, 5 to 6 MB.
The pictures from my phone that were under 3 MB uploaded without a problem.
I do it from my (older) iPhone.......I do it from my iPad. Only trouble has been an orientation deal that I haven’t found a 100% cure for.
OM

Pictures

Lately I’ve been emailing pictures to my self because after I hit send iPhone or iPad will ask if I want to send small, medium, large or original size. Medium seems to work well last post on fall 2017 tread in photography tread first 2 medium last I chose large it uploaded but I got the apple rotation thing.
Short version easiest way for me to resize pictures is to use my email program

Edit: did not seem to work when I sent pictures to my self using the iPad

Last edited:
I do it from my (older) iPhone.......I do it from my iPad. Only trouble has been an orientation deal that I haven’t found a 100% cure for.
OM
Look for a picture with a file size of 6 MB and try to send it.

Lately I’ve been emailing pictures to my self because after I hit send iPhone or iPad will ask if I want to send small, medium, large or original size. Medium seems to work well last post on fall 2017 tread in photography tread first 2 medium last I chose large it uploaded but I got the apple rotation thing.
Short version easiest way for me to resize pictures is to use my email program

Yep, emailing a picture to yourself is a easy way to reduce the file size.
This works with my Android phone and tablet.

Wow, emailing, arse’ing around with your phones sounds like such a pain in the ass! Like I said Smumug is so easy. I can upload from my phone or any other device easily any time and easy up on here or any other forum. Also just copy the link and pop them up in messenger, FB etc.

I started using it as the guy who owns ADVrider.com also owns SmugMug and part of the incom helps keep ADV add free, I spend a ton of time on there, almost 10 000 posts in 12 years. I support both ADV and Smugmug plus the ease of uploading photos is worth a lot to me.

Wow, emailing, arse’ing around with your phones sounds like such a pain in the ass! Like I said Smumug is so easy. I can upload from my phone or any other device easily any time and easy up on here or any other forum. Also just copy the link and pop them up in messenger, FB etc.

I started using it as the guy who owns ADVrider.com also owns SmugMug and part of the incom helps keep ADV add free, I spend a ton of time on there, almost 10 000 posts in 12 years. I support both ADV and Smugmug plus the ease of uploading photos is worth a lot to me.

Been backing up my photos to Smugmug for almost ten years. Guess that's where I need to upload them from in order to post on this site.

Is it possible this site needs to be upgraded? :dunno

Need more info-
Have you had success in the past?
When was the last time you specifically logged out....and logged in for a “fresh” “session”.
Have you tried to post a picture on another device?
OM

Yes I've had no trouble in the past.
I will log out and log back in and try it again.

I have no trouble posting pictures elsewhere.

I don't have another device.

I load the pictures from my camera to my laptop, not a cellphone.

Been backing up my photos to Smugmug for almost ten years. Guess that's where I need to upload them from in order to post on this site.

Is it possible this site needs to be upgraded? :dunno

No doubt that a photo sharing site is the best way to go if you are going to post a lot of pictures- anywhere.
I think that SmugMug is top of the line but it has a fee for this flexibility.
It would seem very few have trouble posting a picture here on the MOA forum.....really......have a look at our photography section. Those that have had an issue, The Mod Team has been able to help with some of the basic hints already listed in this thread.
Upgrade the site- to what? As mentioned, ADV is supported by SmugMug and an upgrade to a parallel SmugMug would probably need an increase costs here. It’s also something to consider that some that have a SM account have trouble as well.
If you are having trouble posting a picture, chances are we can help you through it. What we can’t help with is trying Forum actions from “restricted” networks- such as at work or computer/device setups that are outside the norm.
There have been sooooo many comparisons on how easy it is to upload to Facebook......It’s different really. FB is a “vacuum” for your info, as recent news reports have exposed.
OM

Yes I've had no trouble in the past.
I will log out and log back in and try it again.

I have no trouble posting pictures elsewhere.

I don't have another device.

I load the pictures from my camera to my laptop, not a cellphone.
:thumb
Try the logout routine. It sounds like a size issue with the pictures. If it’s Windoze, their updates are notorious for changing settings, maybe you could check?
Let us know how you make out.
OM

Back