Thread: Hello all, from a potential new member...

Hello all, from a potential new member...

My name is Chuck Webb. Ive been a motorcyclist for 58 years, 25 of which were on BMWs. It says something that Ive only owned three BMWs in that span, a 64 R69S, a 73 R75/5, and a 90 K100RS. Ive ridden Harleys for a total of 13 years and owned 6 of em. I also owned a Ural with a sidecar for 10 years and I rode a GL1500 Gold Wing for 14 years, plus several other miscellaneous bikes. The math doesnt add up because of overlaps.

I signed up for a trial membership because Im thinking of buying a K75, and I wanted to do a little research on things to watch for in my quest. If Im successful, Ill convert to a full membership. Im currently riding a Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, which is plenty fast and handles well, but is not particularly comfortable on the wreckage of California roads. At my age, I need the comfort factor if I am to continue riding for a while longer. But a 900 lb. tourer is no longer a viable option due to a bad left knee.

I thank those in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience with others. I hope to be able to do the same.

Welcome from another newbie and trial member.
    I purchased an 87 K75 and have been learning alot from the folks on the web site.

I encourage you to ask questions and research!

There is a great deal of solid information on the Flying Bricks that has been invaluable to me.

Good luck.

Welcome, Chuck! You've certainly done the gamut on motorcycles with a nice selection of BMWs thrown in. Some K75 Brick owners will be along to provide you their thoughts. About all I know is the K75 is a bit of a sleeper...smooth and relatively powerful.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your search/quest.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST