• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Talking Tire Gauge

72r60/7

Can’t find one of these with a average search of the wide world.

I bought my first (of 2), maybe, at a National Rally by mistake, looking for my first digital guage. Mistake as in “What’s that noise ?”. Well, who in the world would even buy, much less want such a thing.

Me, that’s who. It turned out to be very handy and a time saver for me, as well as fairly accurate.

Anybody seen “Talking Guages” for sale lately. If they didn’t “go over”, then does anybody know where they put all the guages that didn’t sell ?

Charlie

I have long favored the bourdon type of pressure gauge over the digital type. No batteries. Here is an example of such from Amazon -

https://www.amazon.com/Accu-Gage-Professional-Pressure-Protective-Straight/dp/B0747T3MLQ?th=1

Following is a nice video that explains the operation of a bourdon type of pressure gauge.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ja_XCJAg_l8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also found this video on the making of a bourdon type pressure gauge. One imagines that the device shown in the video would cost more than $20. -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-xF7d0nuFTw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I bought my first (of 2), maybe, at a National Rally

Roadgear used to sell a talking gauge.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/roadgear-talking-digital-tire-pressure-gauge-review/

roadgear.jpg

That was interesting to watch. Thank you. I have two "expensive" examples of this type of gauge and choose which to use based upon the bike's wheel. On the GSA I can only use one of them because of the size of the chuck and spoke interference; on the K1300S either works fine. I'm always pleased when they read within 1/2 lb of each other.

Stevie Wonder uses one for his bike. :) I just look at mine. If I can't see the result, I probably shouldn't be riding today. :dunno

Friedle

Hey, thanks folks.

The Walmart guage looks promising, partly cause it may be the only one.

The Roadgear is what I have. Unfortunately the Web site is from 2005. Ah, the good old days !
I did follow that path a few times over the last few years. Is Roadgear still in business ?

What happened to the post from the person that was critical of my desire for a talking guage. Sounded like he had a hard time accepting any opinion other than his own. Sad really.

Charlie

Hey, thanks folks.

The Walmart guage looks promising, partly cause it may be the only one.

The Roadgear is what I have. Unfortunately the Web site is from 2005. Ah, the good old days !
I did follow that path a few times over the last few years. Is Roadgear still in business ?

What happened to the post from the person that was critical of my desire for a talking guage. Sounded like he had a hard time accepting any opinion other than his own. Sad really.

Charlie

Monsoor closed Roadgear about 2 years ago and has moved on to other pursuits. He went to the Peace Corps even before he closed Roadgear.

That Roadgear gauge was good and accurate and easy to use on the GS with it’s valve locations and close proximity to the spokes. Sadly mine finally gave up the ghost too.

Back