• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dakar 2019 Are you ready?!

skibum69

slave to gravity
Ok, I’m a little new here but I enjoy kicking around the forum and adding useless comments and random nonsense. Hopefully the MODs are ok with this.

What you probably don’t know is that I am an avid fan of navigation rallying and the Dakar in particular. I have been sponsoring privateer riders for over 10 years and greatly enjoy throwing a few shekels at people to help them chase their dreams. I’m too old and not a good enough rider at my age to enter so this gives me a great way to be a part of it.

I rode the 8 day Rally Mongolia and am hoping to ride the Sonora or Baja rally or both in the next few years if time and $$ allow. Nav rallies are a hoot!

This year I had to do a little hunting to find a privateer I wanted to sponsor and this girl came to my attention. I am taking Toby’s post from another forum to paste in here and Gianna has given me permission to share it out a little further. I’ve been chatting with her a lot recently and she seems like a very nice girl who’s just starting her rallying career. I invite you all to join in and throw a few beans her way.

If you want to know more about her or have questions for her feel free to PM me and I will pass them along to her. Personally I am not buying tickets as I prefer to send her a lump sum of cash.

In case you haven't heard, this incredible Peruvian 24 yr old gal, GIANNA VELARDE is going to be moto racing the Dakar 2019! Not only is she a tough kid, but also at her young age a Cancer Survivor (glandular cancer at age 14) ! She has raced MX and Enduro, even tried her hand at a Hard Enduro (aside from getting a BA in Business and being a host for many gearhead TV shows and a riding trainer!). Gianna finished the Dakar Series DESAFIO INCA 2018 here in Peru last month despite her bike catching on fire, running out of fuel 30 kms from the finish and getting stuck multiple times! On day one she was only 90 seconds off Laia's time!

So she is raising money for her Dakar 2019 run by raffling off her 2018 MX KTM. This is really just a local Peru thing, but as AROUND THE BLOCK MOTO ADVENTURES, LLC, we are not only sponsoring her as we can, but campaigning for her with you MOA INMATES! The raffle tickets are 50 soles each (or $15 USD) and if you purchase 6 or more, we will get a commemorative T shirt to you, ASIDE from you entering in the raffle for the KTM! That is first price and there are prizes down to the 11th place, tho most of them require coming to Peru to make use of them...

We will be doing this electronically via Paypal (aroundtheblock07@gmail.com) and will scan you your series raffle tickets. The drawing is on January 3rd, 2019. Gianna has given us 100+ tickets to offer to the members.
i-FLx5FnP-S.jpg

i-GTxZzVQ-S.jpg

Back