• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New toy

steve22629

After years of riding various Harley’s had gotten bored and was looking for something different. Well, I found it in the 2018 1200 GSA.i have had it now for 2 weeks and around 850 miles. It is a fantastic bike, extremely comfortable touring bike, with the ability to tack;e gravel/dirt roads. Some I avoided with a 800 lbs dresser. Will keep you posted as oil rack up the miles.

Welcome from another Steve:wave

Several here, including myself, have come off V-twin cruisers onto a Beemer.Some have both...all good.
Short learning curve, long satisfaction result.:thumb
Where you call home?

Welcome to the forum!
The fear of coming home with a GSA keeps me from dealerships :)
Gary

‘M from the Charlotte area but moved to the mountains outside Boone a couple of years ago. The GSA is a much better bike for the various local roads. I had been eyeing the BMW for awhile but didn’t think I could sit on it and comfortably touch the ground. Made the mistake in going into dealership and found that with the low seat option it was no problem. Within two weeks Harley is gone and I got my new toy.

Oops. I responded to the wrong thread. I will add however, as a 30 year Harley rider I understand your new found appreciation of these bikes. That GS will likely be my next purchase.
Cheers, ride safe

Last edited:
After years of riding various Harley’s had gotten bored and was looking for something different. Well, I found it in the 2018 1200 GSA.i have had it now for 2 weeks and around 850 miles. It is a fantastic bike, extremely comfortable touring bike, with the ability to tack;e gravel/dirt roads. Some I avoided with a 800 lbs dresser. Will keep you posted as oil rack up the miles.

Congratulations on the new bike. I have the same experiences you had with many Harley bikes. Same feelings as you in looking for something different. Traded my Street Glide Special for a 2018 1200 GSA a week ago. Just came back from riding in the mountains of NC this week. What a difference a ride makes. Much more responsive in the curves and just an all around great bike. Loving it!

Back