Thread: Hex EZCan and Centech AP-2

Hex EZCan and Centech AP-2

Anyone have an EZCan and a Centech AP-2 I have a question. I will be installing the AP-2 (fuseblock) to have a single point of connection to the battery to avoid CANBUS errors and be able to run a battery tender, heated gear and possibly another power lead for air pump or other power accessory in the future. I also have an EZCan that I will be using to power my Clearwater lights from my old bike, a 2nd rear brake light and a phone power port at the handlebars. The AP-2 and the EZCan both request/require a direct connection at the battery terminals but the purpose of the AP-2 was to avoid multiple connections at the battery and provide a cleaner installation. Can I just run the EZCan off a protected circuit of the AP-2 (30amp, same as inline fuse) rather than have the EZCan connected directly to the battery. Anyone do this? Haven't heard back from Hex to confirm. I had 3 direct connection to the battery on my last bike and it was just a mess at the battery and I am trying to avoid this. new to me 2010 R1200RT fyi.
    2010 BMW R1200RT
    2014 BMW C650T
    MOA # 208387

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Anyone have an EZCan and a Centech AP-2 I have a question. I will be installing the AP-2 (fuseblock) to have a single point of connection to the battery to avoid CANBUS errors and be able to run a battery tender, heated gear and possibly another power lead for air pump or other power accessory in the future.
    I don't really understand adding the AP-2 to this mix......you can if you want. The SAE connector that comes with the Battery Tender can go right to the battery as well as the heated gear (coaxial?) connector for the heated gear. This will keep them out of the CANBUS.
    I also have an EZCan that I will be using to power my Clearwater lights from my old bike, a 2nd rear brake light and a phone power port at the handlebars. The AP-2 and the EZCan both request/require a direct connection at the battery terminals but the purpose of the AP-2 was to avoid multiple connections at the battery and provide a cleaner installation. Can I just run the EZCan off a protected circuit of the AP-2 (30amp, same as inline fuse) rather than have the EZCan connected directly to the battery. Anyone do this? Haven't heard back from Hex to confirm. I had 3 direct connection to the battery on my last bike and it was just a mess at the battery and I am trying to avoid this. new to me 2010 R1200RT fyi.
    The consensus on the EZCAN has been sounding positive especially for running accessories that parallel on to the bikes internal systems- (CANBUS).
    There are quit a few threads on the EZCAN easily accessed through the "Tag Cloud" search feature- located below.
    There are some threads in the "similar threads" below.
    this may be of some help- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...r-Distribution
    Good luck.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I believe you can run the ezCAN off the fuse block.

You can run one fused SAE plug (pigtail) from your battery to accomodate heated gear, battery tender and air pump. There are SAE to coaxial adapters for the heated gear and you will never need all at the same time. There are also Y adapters if you wish to use them. A fuse block is not required if you do it this way.

You are very likely to have problems running any three wire (brightness adjustable) auxiliary lights, which includes Clearwater, unless you have the newer three wire version of the ezCAN. The lights behave erratically when installed with the older two wire version.

If you decide to install a fuse block, then I suggest you use the Fuze Block brand. It has an internal relay that allows you to select having either a switched or an in switched circuit for each accessory.
    Last edited by akbeemer; 10-20-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost