• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Biketoberfest 2018

rnowell

Firefighter Randy
:wave I'm sort of surprised to find no mention of the Daytona Beach Biketoberfest 10/18-1021/2018. There used to be a pretty good turn out of airheads and
others that had a showing at the Sunshine Campground just North of Ormond Beach off I-95. Also, Daytona BMW had some nice displays and demos. Has all this
become just a memory?:scratch

The dealer had a number of people around on Thursday and the demo rides appeared to have riders. After having missed both Daytona events for several years it seems there is less traffic each year or else it may have just moved up to Destination Daytona. The vendor area at the track was way down from the past. The Thursday afternoon ride down Main Street was almost no stops.

I cannot sleep on the interstate shoulder due to the noise and have gone elsewhere. The track has been the best deal in town, but now they are charging for camping in additional to a ticket for the day starting this March. I stayed in the Ocala National Forest, but this is a long way from town, but at least was quiet, did not need a reservation and was open when I needed it.

March will probably find me at the the track at least for the Supercross with grandson and his Dad. Three generations watching.

Bob

Just happened on this thread this late date but thought I'd give my 2cents. Had a great room but even 4 floors up the roar of HD's was too much, day and night. Lots of events but geared to the chrome and leather crowd. I think I had seen something similar at a sideshow when I was 14. Anyway I tagged along with an acquaintance and left early. The dealer did some demo's but nothing spectacular except the extreme heat.
Looking forward to a calmer beemer rally in a grassy setting.

Back