• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

TX Llano River flooding OCT16 2018

Thanks Lee.

I wonder if they will make it in the next 35 days.

The drill rigs and small cable crane have been on the dirt on the South side for a couple weeks but the contractor is not 24/7 like before the debris was found on the bottom.

Sure hope they make it, it is good to see projects like this can actually still be done in the good old U S of A. No way it could be done that fast where I live. It would have been years in the courts to handle the environmentalists wanting to stop it.

GD

Thanks Lee.

I wonder if they will make it in the next 35 days.

The drill rigs and small cable crane have been on the dirt on the South side for a couple weeks but the contractor is not 24/7 like before the debris was found on the bottom.

GD

I'm guessing it's going to be close. The contractor must feel they can do it since they're not working 24/7.
We were there on a Sunday and they were not working.
If they don't make the completion date the liquidated damages is $1,285 a day.

I'm guessing it's going to be close. The contractor must feel they can do it since they're not working 24/7.
We were there on a Sunday and they were not working.
If they don't make the completion date the liquidated damages is $1,285 a day.

Yea, I am sure he negotiated enough extension once the problem on the bottom was found to give a good cushion. Shift work is expensive.

Both drill rigs are no where to be seen, small cable crane is being disassembled on South shore and big cable crane on barge is moved to North shore, presumably for disassembly. Heavy lifting must be complete with 30 days to go. The hydraulic cranes finishing up it appears.

GD

In Calgary the City organizes bridge parties, when a new one is built, or an existing one has been refurbished. IIRC, this is a European tradition.

Steve,

Hope all is well for you guys, looks like you are on the western edge of the heavy stuff.

Hang in there and be safe.

Eric

Steve,

Hope all is well for you guys, looks like you are on the western edge of the heavy stuff.

Hang in there and be safe.

Eric

Everyone has been on edge the last few days with the Monsoon type rain amounts.They are operating a few dams on the Highland chain since yesterday. It's just the unpredictable location of the flash flooding that has folks jumpy and moving to high ground in spots the last few days.
It was supposed to be another bad Friday night, but the front pushed on to the coast and gave everyone a break.

On the bridge front, the decking now touches shore to shore and the last bit of utility ductwork is the last big item to complete. Still supposed to be open at end of month:thumb

Everyone has been on edge the last few days with the Monsoon type rain amounts.They are operating a few dams on the Highland chain since yesterday. It's just the unpredictable location of the flash flooding that has folks jumpy and moving to high ground in spots the last few days.
It was supposed to be another bad Friday night, but the front pushed on to the coast and gave everyone a break.

On the bridge front, the decking now touches shore to shore and the last bit of utility ductwork is the last big item to complete. Still supposed to be open at end of month:thumb

Good to hear you didn't get another blast yesterday.

I've been wondering if they got that last section of deck poured. The camera went off line the day you had the 7" rain.

Luckily, the Llano watershed did not get the rain upstream from bridge this week, though the Colorado coming from Lake Buchanan did north of Kingsland and river is up downstream from bridge site.

image.jpeg

Not my picture, the south shore connection prior to deck completion

image.jpeg

The detour most used since collapse, average hour travel time for folks on opposite shorelines

I wonder if they still have one more deck pour to go.
The paver is still in place.
5-13-2019.jpg

One of the local stations said the deck was done, my guess is the approach section tying into existing road isn't.

The rain surely slowed the last bit of work

One of the local stations said the deck was done, my guess is the approach section tying into existing road isn't.

Sounds right.
I wasn't sure if they could use the deck paver on the approach and kept expecting to see the paver removed.
Here's the Pay Est. for April.
ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/cmd/cserve/distinfo/cisrpts/634068001.pdf

Contractor was paid $4,017,552 for work completed in April.
Paid to date $17,561,156
The new projected cost of the contract is $24,741,334
The change order for the old bridge debris removal is $4,017,552

5-13-2019.jpg

Looks like they're pouring the approach this morning.

5-14-19.jpg

Attachments

• 5-14-19.jpg
    5-14-19.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 57
I couldn't find the story on the television sites, but last nights news said a TXDOT ribbon cutting on the 21st and ready for Memorial Day traffic.
Amazing pace considering timeline.

Back