• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TX Llano River flooding OCT16 2018

I spoke too soon the other day about our weather getting better.
40s and rain today.

60 here and showers, thunder and lightning yesterday but rain was down the road not right here.

This spring has not been good for scooter riding, :banghead at least for us fair weather folks.

Just checked camera.

Pouring last east guard rail right now it looks like. Going to be tight.

GD

60 here and showers, thunder and lightning yesterday but rain was down the road not right here.

This spring has not been good for scooter riding, :banghead at least for us fair weather folks.

Just checked camera.

Pouring last east guard rail right now it looks like. Going to be tight.

GD

I was able to bicycle ride the last 2 days. Sounds 1.9" of rain tonight and tomorrow then the next 6 days will be on and off rain.

Looks like they still have a few minor items but appears they are ready for traffic tomorrow.
5-23-19 Thursday.jpg

I was able to bicycle ride the last 2 days. Sounds 1.9" of rain tonight and tomorrow then the next 6 days will be on and off rain.

Looks like they still have a few minor items but appears they are ready for traffic tomorrow.
View attachment 74148

Supposed to "shower" here tonight. To the folks down here that means six to eight drops.

Yea, six hours tomorrow morning but setting up for the suits will cut in to their man power, cannot tell if they stripped forms this afternoon, if they did it was hot concrete poured today.

Electricians still have not closed up boxes on poles but wire is pulled. (Could still heat it up for tonight, they work late it appears) It is always on the electricians, they are last out normally.

Bet the contractor is at "punch list" items for a couple weeks yet.

GD

Working on that this morning.

That (the light fixtures), the form removal from the guard rail pour yesterday which needs metal rail on top and still fighting/pulling expansion joint forms between each section can still be seen. Busy busy guys.............

Tic toc, tic toc.......................... I know the feeling, been there---done that.........

GD

Close up of backhoe.:)

1.jpg

Tic toc, tic toc..........................

New Sh*tters were brought in for the suits today :)

My monitor is not clear enough to see. At the far end near where the scaffolding is still in place, is that a big pile of scrape lumber on the river bank?

My monitor is not clear enough to see. At the far end near where the scaffolding is still in place, is that a big pile of scrape lumber on the river bank?

It is dirt, maybe with erosion control of some sort over it, from what it looks like on my high res 24" monitor but the camera is the limitation.

GD

Still planning on heading that way soon and hopefully a few passes on new bridge after the hoopla.

For funsies, will approach from south side first before winding my way back to north side for the speeches and official opening.

Have had the fun of helping the street light guys meet tight deadlines before and getting out of the way just in time.

Steve just walked out onto the bridge, but the camera is turned now.

Found him
steve - Copy.jpg

Steve looking - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Found him again.

Yep, he was waving at the camera when I caught him. And you got his scooter in the back ground. :hungover :whistle :whistle At least we got him proof so his significant other does not think ill of him.:)

Well it is open, congratulations to the people of the Llano area. :thumb Was out working and did not see the procession. Looks like bike/walk way is closed still though.

Happy daze are here again.

GD

Fun day and seemed everyone in town was out! The weather cooperated, which near Memorial Day around here is always iffy.

P1010382%20-%20Copy%20%282%29-M.jpg

I approached from south side before the ceremony and met my friends blocking the road:whistle

P1010384-M.jpg

A few shots I got after chatting with the fellas looking towards Kingsland after they saw I wasn't a threat

P1010387-M.jpg

they didn't quite finish sidewalk approaches on either side and had the sidewalk closed, several comments from folks about running out of concrete:whistle Walking on the travel lane wasn't good? They were shuttling south shore residents across in golf carts and allowing walkers to check things out.

P1060392-M.jpg

P1060399-M.jpg

Bluebonnets gone, replaced with a lot of yellow and reds
I rode across The Slab detour, took me 20 minutes today to get to the north side.Lot's of folks playing in the water.

P1010392-M.jpg

P1010414-M.jpg

P1010406-M.jpg

The North side and lot's of activity. There was a tent the other side of the fire trucks and I listened for a little bit...blah-blah-blah...among the dignitaries were both our US Senators, The crowd gave the construction crews a big roar of thanks when they were mentioned. Two Sheriff Patrol boats were monitoring bridge approach watercraft.

P1010407-M.jpg

most of the barges were out of the way, a local told me this one had divers setting charges to remove debris near it earlier in week.

When I went back to mount up, one of the Senators and security entourage were blocking my bike, which they had parked next to...and me for a minute when I started the bike...kinda funny now, wasn't for a few seconds.:dance I took NO pictures:wave

P1060405-M.jpg

P1060408-M.jpg

P1060411-M.jpg

P1060410-M.jpg

P1060409-M.jpg

Found myself and a local GSA rider (that I met asking about a tire issue I will repair for him Saturday) sitting at the front of line to cross to the south. I was sitting in the shade of an unmarked Sheriffs Yukon when he rolled down the window and asked if we were waiting to cross, we said yes, he waved the last two blockers off the bridge and off we went...first to officially use the bridge:dance we slow rolled all the way across and waved to folks near the south shore like we were part of the ceremony.The LEO who told us to go was our 6 and I hoped he wasn't mad we were parading and snapping pics. The north bound traffic started when we cleared the bridge. The GSA guy lives just off the south shore, so, I could care less his choice of gear for his ride.
Edit: The GSA guy is a retired former paramedic and station running fire captain from Houston...a year older than me and been riding since his teens...just for the frowners in the crowd.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve.

It has been fun watching the goings on for this few months.

You guys are good to go now...

Eric

Back