• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

TX Llano River flooding OCT16 2018

At least I got the color right...............

Let there be light. I thought they were on mid day but it was hard to tell.

GD

Funny on the ape hanger scooter:laugh

They did have the lights on

P1010416-M.jpg

Some flat glass LED's. Shouldn't shine anywhere but down and annoy folks on the lake
P1010399-M.jpg

Thank you Steve.

It has been fun watching the goings on for this few months.

You guys are good to go now...

Eric

You bet:thumb

game changer for all involved. The older fella I was talking to said the local grocery store had lost 60% of their average revenue since October...wouldn't have thought that, but you just don't run to the HEB for milk when it's a major detour!

henzilla said:
Some flat glass LED's. Shouldn't shine anywhere but down and annoy folks on the lake

That was one thing I was curious about.
Thanks for taking pictures yesterday.

This morning I looked at the camera video and saw people walking on the upstream shoulder.
Thought it was odd, didn't know the sidewalk was closed until you pointed it out.

Seeing all that 4" rigid steel conduit has me thinking the telecom folks will be busy for a few more weeks as well.
Don't see a reason for the electrical system to use it as there are distribution substations on both sides.

We added a few runs of that to the underside of one of the downtown Austin bridges over the Colorado for the traffic dept's control system copper phone cables we ran for them back in the day...think it has been replaced with fiber now.

Seeing all that 4" rigid steel conduit has me thinking the telecom folks will be busy for a few more weeks as well.
Don't see a reason for the electrical system to use it as there are distribution substations on both sides.

I meant to ask about the conduit but forgot.
Do you think that tower is a remote weather station?
Did you happen to notice a wind speed propeller on it?

I meant to ask about the conduit but forgot.
Do you think that tower is a remote weather station?
Did you happen to notice a wind speed propeller on it?

I thought I caught the tower in a shot, it has the small silo looking pod at top, but saw no whirly doodad:dunno

The USGS has updated a lot of stream flow stations starting after the Blanco flood. That may be the property of LCRA as they collect and furnish data as well. The original equipment that was near here went with bridge fail

Back