• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No more BMW Motorcyle Magazine

Reminds me of Outrider Journal that I was an early subscriber to. It couldn’t gain enough traction early enough to keep going so all subscribers were grandfathered into Overland Journal subscriptions. Now Overland Journal has a Moto segment. Too bad as it was a beautiful magazine.

I get it on the iPad also. Not clear what the plan is for tablet subscribers, or how to make sure no automatic renewals go through.

Best,
DG

Reached out on the magazine website and quickly received a response. They are stepping up and had already been working with Apple to set up a framework to address the needs or concerns of digital subscribers who purchased subscriptions through Apple. In my case, since I had subscribed only a month ago Apple just did a refund. So anyway, the folks at BMW MC Magazine are standing tall here and could prolly use some time and room to work through everything.

So, back to searching for another source for accurate, informational, and timely reading on BMW Motorcycles. Suggestions? And please don’t say I should start studying German...

Best,
DG

I get it on the iPad also. Not clear what the plan is for tablet subscribers, or how to make sure no automatic renewals go through.

Best,
DG

If I don’t get a notice on my iPad soon, I will cancel it before it renews. My subscription doesn’t renew until November 25.

Ken

I think I was at one of the MOA Nationals when this magazine was being rolled out. If I remember correctly they were giving out a free magazine. I was impressed. A lot of the rally attendees signed up for a subscription. Sometime later I got my subscription, I think for 2 years. Really enjoyed reading about famous BMW motorcycles and all those custom BMW. What really impressed me was the people who built those bikes. The last few years, I just bought the mag off the self at bookstores. Sad to see it's coming to an end.

bmw magazine

I just got an E-Mail stating BMW Motorcycle Magazine is all done after this fall issue, I am going to miss it.

Really nice magazine basically translated from German and edited by Sandy Cohen. Fortunately there are the MOA and RA and also Airheads magazines. we will miss this one and appreciate the long haul for Sandy. mike in Oklahoma

It's been tough on the print business for the last few years. It doesn't surprise me That they are stopping. CycleWorld, and Motorcyclist have both gone quarterly. Magazines are 50% advertising, less advertisers=Less magazine. It's hard to make money in special interest magazines. More will follow as people seem to read stuff on the net now.

Back