Thread: How Many Miles/Years Riding With The Same Partner?

How Many Miles/Years Riding With The Same Partner?

Was pondering how many miles that Annie and I have ridden together since she began riding ten years ago. I know there are several other couples that ride together on their own bikes or two-up, and thought it would be interesting to hear their stories.

In our case, Annie decided to start riding her own bike during the winter of 2007-2008 while we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska. Her decision came out of the blue. We had been riding two-up off and on since the 70s but mostly just for day rides. By April of 2008 she had a F650GS (thumper) and took a MSF course. We had the pleasure of meeting Paul and Voni in June 2008 while they were in Alaska on their F650s and Voni made quite the positive impression on Annie. We did not know any other women who rode and Annie had a renewed sense of confidence after meetin the Glaves. We rode the Alcan in July of 2008 and three other times before we moved to Montana in 2011. Annie is approaching 175,000 miles of riding and I estimate we have ridden all but 7-8,000 miles together. Her decision back in the winter of 2007 changed our lives. We now ride as much as we can; it has been a great ride with many more miles to come.

Anyone else?
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

My wife, strangely enough her name is Annie, rides with me often. I do get some miles on solo, but my wife rides with me about 80% of the time, or about 125,000 miles in the last 18 years.

We have this job thing we have to deal with or it would be more!

Well, Voni is over 1,100,000 miles on her BMW's and I am just shy of 900,000 miles on mine. Of those I may have ridden 150,000 by myself, so together we have probably ridden 750,000 miles. By now we pretty much know what to expect from the other.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Started riding with H in early 2006 after re-entering motorcycle ownership in 2004. She had been riding for a few years prior to us meeting. Also who got me on to beemers. Bro in law Chuck got her back on a bike after a serious Cruiser get off and introduced her to ABS and bikes that really will stop.

We are close to 250K each , most from being in each others company, though a lot of solo rides for both of us as well. A rare two up ride with us typically ends up a humorous story and sore ribs for me. Piloting a pilot just doesn't work here.
    I was the one with a learning curve when I started trying to keep pace with the rider of the Roadster. Ride IN the rain? On purpose? OK.

We seem to stay on same page in most riding situations...mostly, making riding with two bikes a treat. Weird on solo trips not seeing my Wing woman ahead or the light triangle in the mirror.
    This year we are off pace from an average year of riding, life gets in the way sometimes.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and club tire changer

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Barley and I rode 55,000 miles together before I lost him to cancer.

ComingHomeCroppedLO.jpg

Tulliver never really enjoyed riding but wanted to be with me for the two years it took me to train Glenlivet. He had a total of 10,000 miles at my side before announcing his retirement this year.

24.jpg

Glenlivet started riding with me just this year. Since he started at age two (vs five for Barley and seven for Tulliver), and since I recently retired, I'm hoping we have many years and miles of shared adventure ahead!

5 Kirk Monument.jpg
    '18 R1200GSA and '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Weve been partners 32 years and each have around 700,000 miles on motorcycles, but I started much earlier in life than she did, so probably less than 1/3 those miles were ridden together. My miles have been on a variety of brands.

Its been a great journey and I am very thankful for our time together.
    -I just wanna ride on my motor sickle-

Most together with the same woman, 100K or thereabouts. That was in just 5 years. She's actually coming out in two weeks to park her butt on the GS for a few days after nearly 35 years. Stranger than fiction this thread would be started as my longest riding partner [ miles wise ] will once again be on the back of one of my bikes.

You guys with partners and those miles racked up are some real lucky guys and gals,
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

My wife and I have ridden 2 up for 53 years. She has saved my butt many times over the years by seeing something I didn't. We've ridden in 49 States, and 3 Canadian Provinces. Total miles together is around 300K. Oh and the state we haven't ridden in together? Alaska.
    Gary White

Debbie and I bought our first bike shortly before we married in 1977.
    From 77 to 88 we rode two up for 141,000 miles.

In 1987 we started to to plan a trip to Alaska and she did not want to ride two up on that trip. In the spring of 88 she bought a 87 K75T and we headed to Alaska in the summer.
    From 1988 to now Debbie has ridden 295,000 miles and I have ridden 311,000 miles.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Debbie and I bought our first bike shortly before we married in 1977.
    From 77 to 88 we rode two up for 141,000 miles.

In 1987 we started to to plan a trip to Alaska and she did not want to ride two up on that trip. In the spring of 88 she bought a 87 K75T and we headed to Alaska in the summer.
    From 1988 to now Debbie has ridden 295,000 miles and I have ridden 311,000 miles.
    I love this. Decide to go to Alaska. Buy a bike. Learn to ride. Ride to Alaska as a way to really learn to ride. All in just a few months.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/