Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Bye Bye Harley

  1. #1

    Bye Bye Harley

    Good Morning all!

    I finally made the move away from Harley Ultra Classic to a 2018 1200RT. I gotta say I am excited to get into riding again. I've been riding all my life and really liked the RT and the mix of the type of riding I like to do.

    I've managed State chapters of another forum and am very familiar with the forum life.

    I'm looking to get out and meet some like minded people and get back in the saddle.

    My 2012 Ultra only had 7k miles on it and it was my second Harley and it was fun to ride but I felt as though it just didn't fit my personality. I think this new RT fits me more.

    I get to pick up my new ride on Tuesday and I'm looking to meet people who like to ride and stop and chat and eat. No beer while I ride. I like to be on my toes.

    I live in Mickleton NJ near Comm Barry bridge and usually like to ride on weekends for a few hours.

    That's it for now. Hope to catch up and find some new riders!

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,086
    Welcome to the forum!
    Sounds like you have a plan
    Hope the weather holds for you. Been less than ideal up here north of you.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  3. #3
    Sanctuarydrive sanctuarydrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    35

    Congrats on the new RT...expect your rides

    I noticed you stated you like to ride for a couple of hours on the weekend. This will change. Speaking from experience, my couple of hour rides have turned into many hours of riding now. Your previous ride, the HD is a very good bike. However, I found that my RT just does not want to come back to the garage once it gets out on the road.
    Joined MOA in 1987

    Current bike - 2017 RT

  4. #4
    True about a few hours. That way if tell my wife a few and it's longer then I am more likely to get away and pray for peace later....

  5. #5

    Welcome to the XHD club

    Quote Originally Posted by wclambjr View Post
    Good Morning all!

    I finally made the move away from Harley Ultra Classic to a 2018 1200RT. I gotta say I am excited to get into riding again. I've been riding all my life and really liked the RT and the mix of the type of riding I like to do.

    I've managed State chapters of another forum and am very familiar with the forum life.

    I'm looking to get out and meet some like minded people and get back in the saddle.

    My 2012 Ultra only had 7k miles on it and it was my second Harley and it was fun to ride but I felt as though it just didn't fit my personality. I think this new RT fits me more.

    I get to pick up my new ride on Tuesday and I'm looking to meet people who like to ride and stop and chat and eat. No beer while I ride. I like to be on my toes.

    I live in Mickleton NJ near Comm Barry bridge and usually like to ride on weekends for a few hours.

    That's it for now. Hope to catch up and find some new riders!

    Regards,
    I usually average about 12 to 15K per year on the HD. I just needed a change also. Traded the my 2017 HD Special yesterday for the R 1200 GS. First time riding it and I could hardly stop smiling. I asked myself why I waited so long to make the switch. Lighter, more power, and better handling. Loving it. Enjoy your ride.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hpyrider View Post
    I usually average about 12 to 15K per year on the HD. I just needed a change also. Traded the my 2017 HD Special yesterday for the R 1200 GS. First time riding it and I could hardly stop smiling. I asked myself why I waited so long to make the switch. Lighter, more power, and better handling. Loving it. Enjoy your ride.
    Thank you!!

  7. #7
    Funny, but I bought a 2018 RT this fall. I still own a 2016 Harley Limited that I just can't part with. time will tell. I would get 10,000+ miles a year on the Harley. I doubt I will get any more miles in as my job takes up too much time, but the miles will be smoother!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    Funny, but I bought a 2018 RT this fall. I still own a 2016 Harley Limited that I just can't part with. time will tell. I would get 10,000+ miles a year on the Harley. I doubt I will get any more miles in as my job takes up too much time, but the miles will be smoother!
    I understand man. I really hated to let go of the Harley. It took me all over out west without a hitch. But I can't afford two bikes on limited income. Had to make the hard decision. So far there are no regrets. Ride on!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hpyrider View Post
    I understand man. I really hated to let go of the Harley. It took me all over out west without a hitch. But I can't afford two bikes on limited income. Had to make the hard decision. So far there are no regrets. Ride on!
    Think of it this way:
    Now when you feel like carving a few corners, you will be able to.

  10. #10
    TravelsWithBarley.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Craftsbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hpyrider View Post
    I understand man. I really hated to let go of the Harley. It took me all over out west without a hitch. But I can't afford two bikes on limited income. Had to make the hard decision. So far there are no regrets. Ride on!
    You'll find, since you actually ride instead of just putting around town, that riders you meet in faraway places are pretty much the same regardless of brand. Those who venture far and wide are good people.

    Pete and Glenlivet
    '18 R1200GSA and '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

  11. #11
    Hey Chromehead ! bobs98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Marlton, South Jersey
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by wclambjr View Post
    ...

    I get to pick up my new ride on Tuesday and I'm looking to meet people who like to ride and stop and chat and eat. No beer while I ride. I like to be on my toes.

    I live in Mickleton NJ near Comm Barry bridge and usually like to ride on weekends for a few hours.

    That's it for now. Hope to catch up and find some new riders!

    Regards,
    Welcome from another South Jerseyan.

    If you are looking for some local camaraderie, check out the New Sweden BMW Riders at http://www.newswedenbmwriders.com

    We have a monthly meeting, monthly breakfast ride, annual Rally the end of September, and New Sweden 450 ride in May, as well as several other events.

    Look forward to seeing you on the road.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    N.J.
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    Welcome from another South Jerseyan.

    If you are looking for some local camaraderie, check out the New Sweden BMW Riders at http://www.newswedenbmwriders.com

    We have a monthly meeting, monthly breakfast ride, annual Rally the end of September, and New Sweden 450 ride in May, as well as several other events.

    Look forward to seeing you on the road.
    Welcome, from central N.J. Ride on!

Similar Threads

  1. 500 cc Harley?
    By osbornk in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 04:45 PM
  2. Ex-Harley Guy
    By redcat43 in forum New Members
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
  3. Harley Guy
    By ajayhawkfan in forum Campfire
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
  4. I won a Harley
    By 12960 in forum Airheads
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •