• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bye Bye Harley

wclambjr

Good Morning all!

I finally made the move away from Harley Ultra Classic to a 2018 1200RT. I gotta say I am excited to get into riding again. I've been riding all my life and really liked the RT and the mix of the type of riding I like to do.

I've managed State chapters of another forum and am very familiar with the forum life.

I'm looking to get out and meet some like minded people and get back in the saddle.

My 2012 Ultra only had 7k miles on it and it was my second Harley and it was fun to ride but I felt as though it just didn't fit my personality. I think this new RT fits me more.

I get to pick up my new ride on Tuesday and I'm looking to meet people who like to ride and stop and chat and eat. No beer while I ride. I like to be on my toes.

I live in Mickleton NJ near Comm Barry bridge and usually like to ride on weekends for a few hours.

That's it for now. Hope to catch up and find some new riders!

Regards,

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you have a plan :thumb
Hope the weather holds for you. Been less than ideal up here north of you.
Gary

Congrats on the new RT...expect your rides

I noticed you stated you like to ride for a couple of hours on the weekend. This will change. Speaking from experience, my couple of hour rides have turned into many hours of riding now. Your previous ride, the HD is a very good bike. However, I found that my RT just does not want to come back to the garage once it gets out on the road.

True about a few hours. That way if tell my wife a few and it's longer then I am more likely to get away and pray for peace later....

Welcome to the XHD club

Good Morning all!

I finally made the move away from Harley Ultra Classic to a 2018 1200RT. I gotta say I am excited to get into riding again. I've been riding all my life and really liked the RT and the mix of the type of riding I like to do.

I've managed State chapters of another forum and am very familiar with the forum life.

I'm looking to get out and meet some like minded people and get back in the saddle.

My 2012 Ultra only had 7k miles on it and it was my second Harley and it was fun to ride but I felt as though it just didn't fit my personality. I think this new RT fits me more.

I get to pick up my new ride on Tuesday and I'm looking to meet people who like to ride and stop and chat and eat. No beer while I ride. I like to be on my toes.

I live in Mickleton NJ near Comm Barry bridge and usually like to ride on weekends for a few hours.

Regards,

I usually average about 12 to 15K per year on the HD. I just needed a change also. Traded the my 2017 HD Special yesterday for the R 1200 GS. First time riding it and I could hardly stop smiling. I asked myself why I waited so long to make the switch. Lighter, more power, and better handling. Loving it. Enjoy your ride.

I usually average about 12 to 15K per year on the HD. I just needed a change also. Traded the my 2017 HD Special yesterday for the R 1200 GS. First time riding it and I could hardly stop smiling. I asked myself why I waited so long to make the switch. Lighter, more power, and better handling. Loving it. Enjoy your ride.

Thank you!!

Funny, but I bought a 2018 RT this fall. I still own a 2016 Harley Limited that I just can't part with. time will tell. I would get 10,000+ miles a year on the Harley. I doubt I will get any more miles in as my job takes up too much time, but the miles will be smoother!

Funny, but I bought a 2018 RT this fall. I still own a 2016 Harley Limited that I just can't part with. time will tell. I would get 10,000+ miles a year on the Harley. I doubt I will get any more miles in as my job takes up too much time, but the miles will be smoother!

I understand man. I really hated to let go of the Harley. It took me all over out west without a hitch. But I can't afford two bikes on limited income. Had to make the hard decision. So far there are no regrets. Ride on!

I understand man. I really hated to let go of the Harley. It took me all over out west without a hitch. But I can't afford two bikes on limited income. Had to make the hard decision. So far there are no regrets. Ride on!

Think of it this way:
Now when you feel like carving a few corners, you will be able to.

You'll find, since you actually ride instead of just putting around town, that riders you meet in faraway places are pretty much the same regardless of brand. Those who venture far and wide are good people.

Pete and Glenlivet

Regards,

Welcome from another South Jerseyan.

If you are looking for some local camaraderie, check out the New Sweden BMW Riders at http://www.newswedenbmwriders.com

We have a monthly meeting, monthly breakfast ride, annual Rally the end of September, and New Sweden 450 ride in May, as well as several other events.

Look forward to seeing you on the road.

Back