• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Motorcycle Related Podcasts

R

REBECCAV

Does anyone know of any good motorcycle related podcasts?

a month or so ago there was a podcast of an interview with Andy Goldfine ( founder of Aerostich.) I listend but didn't save them, search the ADV rider site for details.

HTH

Happy New Year Boxer Girlie

This is some of whats available for free if you have access to itunes. Go to the itunes store, Click on podcast and do a search on the word motorcycle. Itunes is a free download for both Mac and PC Platforms. The only one below I can vouch for is the motogpod which during the season tracked all the races and supplied interviews and commentary.

Motorcycle Podcast Group Round Wheel
The Motorcycle Diary
MotoCast
Twistyourwrist
The Twisted Wrist Podcast
V-Twin Journal
MotoGPod
Biker B.S.
Turismo Cycles Podcast
A Century Of British Motorcycling
Roadracer Podcast
Radio Free Biker
The KneedragginÔÇÖ Podcast
The HOG Cast
Chopper Kast from Count's Kustoms, Las Vegas
Vinny's Garage
Lucas County Choppers
Roadfly TV: Road Tests & Car Reviews
CBR1100XX Owner's Org Podcast
Ear Shots Collective Podcast
Sticky Pod Vodcast
ISLAND EASE
WSBKPod
All Things Ducati
OneWheelDrive.Net
Biker Billy Audio

Is this form of media somehow inherently better for other than tech-fan reasons? (Veg says, after posting in the luddite thread)

Just some more ways to clog up your ears with audio content

Better form of media???

The Veg said:
Is this form of media somehow inherently better for other than tech-fan reasons? (Veg says, after posting in the luddite thread)

I doubt that it is better, just another option. I provide tech support for an online 4-12 school in Alberta and I hear many discussions by the teachers regarding how to better deliver the courses to the students. While they don't currently use podcasts to deliver course content, it has been suggested that they (the school) try podcasts as a form of marketting. :blah

I think a podcast of motorcycle related topics would probably be really good for the person on the go. Download the podcast to your iPod and listen to it while you sit in an airport while waiting for your connecting flight. Would I subscribe to or download a podcast just to listen to it on my computer? Probably not. But that's just me. I prefer paper based magazines to most electronic forms of distribution.

selil said:
I listen to my PodCasts (iPod not required as it works on any MP3 player)...

I tellya, Apple's luck in this segment is simply amazing. Podcasts are just audio or video files that one downloads and listens to later. Or streams them.

How they wound up being called Podcasts is beyond me. This type of content has been around for years.

iTunes does have a decent interface for watching/listening to them, though...

Ian

Back