Thread: ADVmonster H7 headlight

ADVmonster H7 headlight

I've had to replace my low beam again. I've been using higher output halogens but they're good for about 150 hours. I'm getting pretty good at replacing them. LOL
    I'm considering replacing the low beam H7 lamp on my '16 RT with one LED from ADVmonster H7 LED.
    I know some members here have made the conversion with this product or something similar.
    Are you satisfied?
    Issues with the lamp or with ADVmonster?

Thanks
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

From the picture on the web site you linked to it appears that the light source is in a different position that the light from a standard H7. As a result, your beam pattern won't be anywhere near what the bike is certified to and will probably annoy the hell out of other drivers on the road.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

These lights are of excellent quality for the price, and the owner of ADVmonster is known for his personal service.

I use them on my Xchallenge with it's Touratech rally fairing. The lamps were originally HID, but the ADVmonster owner helped me mount his LED lights in the projector beam housing with excellent results!

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    From the picture on the web site you linked to it appears that the light source is in a different position that the light from a standard H7. As a result, your beam pattern won't be anywhere near what the bike is certified to and will probably annoy the hell out of other drivers on the road.
    My bike is different than the one shown on the web site, however, my low beam has a distinct cut-off pattern to keep the light from shining too high.

Some people have tried the Cyclops version of the H7 LED. I have not heard about any who has found enough space to put it on an RT. I rode with someone who had put one in the headlight of his F-Series GS. It gave very impressive performance in that application. Here's the URL: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...Bulb_p_86.html
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

I'll be ordering one from ADV Monster shortly, thanks for pointing it out.

I too am tired of the regular bulb changes on my RT. I did manage to get the Cyclops H1's installed for the high beams, but no luck with the low beam. I did put the H7 in to my SO's F800GT and what a difference it makes. I find my main challenge on the RT is getting the clips to engage on anything other than the stamped metal flange on traditional H7's. I did look at removing the light array but after looking at the repair DVD I canned that idea - too much stuph to remove and then replace.

I've also tried a few imports from the far east, but one bulb lasted about 250km, and another just not bright enough. All of them have had the stamped metal flange. With one of them the driver got so hot that it melted the plastic it was resting against so now I have some Gorilla tape keeping the moisture out of the head light array.
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 XN85 D Turbo

Bulb showed up in the mail today, that's not bad for crossing an international border, having ordered it on Sunday. I'd rate the install difficulty at a 6 overall. Again, the hardest part is getting the clips back on the bulb holder. I did NOT remove the bulb from the holder and I was able to get the clips to attach with minimal difficulty. The reason I left it on the bulb was I didn't want to drop the holder in to the headlight array. I have done this before with another bulb install attempt - used a vacuum with a small diameter hose to get the holder out which was about 15 minutes of very loud cursing, so avoid removing the holder if you can.

There is ample space to tuck the webbing and the driver in the headlight array. Here's the what it looks like all lit up...

i-pnPh9J7-XL.jpg

And with the H1 high beams on...

i-F9KJmMC-XL.jpg

Finally, the backside with the webbing tucked in.

i-Q87XCFW-XL.jpg

@patm, thanks again to posting this originally and planting a seed...
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 XN85 D Turbo