• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ADVmonster H7 headlight

patm

I've had to replace my low beam again. I've been using higher output halogens but they're good for about 150 hours. I'm getting pretty good at replacing them. LOL
I'm considering replacing the low beam H7 lamp on my '16 RT with one LED from ADVmonster H7 LED.
I know some members here have made the conversion with this product or something similar.
Are you satisfied?
Issues with the lamp or with ADVmonster?

Thanks

From the picture on the web site you linked to it appears that the light source is in a different position that the light from a standard H7. As a result, your beam pattern won't be anywhere near what the bike is certified to and will probably annoy the hell out of other drivers on the road.

These lights are of excellent quality for the price, and the owner of ADVmonster is known for his personal service.

I use them on my Xchallenge with it's Touratech rally fairing. The lamps were originally HID, but the ADVmonster owner helped me mount his LED lights in the projector beam housing with excellent results!

Ian

From the picture on the web site you linked to it appears that the light source is in a different position that the light from a standard H7. As a result, your beam pattern won't be anywhere near what the bike is certified to and will probably annoy the hell out of other drivers on the road.

My bike is different than the one shown on the web site, however, my low beam has a distinct cut-off pattern to keep the light from shining too high.

I'll be ordering one from ADV Monster shortly, thanks for pointing it out.

I too am tired of the regular bulb changes on my RT. I did manage to get the Cyclops H1's installed for the high beams, but no luck with the low beam. I did put the H7 in to my SO's F800GT and what a difference it makes. I find my main challenge on the RT is getting the clips to engage on anything other than the stamped metal flange on traditional H7's. I did look at removing the light array but after looking at the repair DVD I canned that idea - too much stuph to remove and then replace.

I've also tried a few imports from the far east, but one bulb lasted about 250km, and another just not bright enough. All of them have had the stamped metal flange. With one of them the driver got so hot that it melted the plastic it was resting against so now I have some Gorilla tape keeping the moisture out of the head light array.

Bulb showed up in the mail today, that's not bad for crossing an international border, having ordered it on Sunday. I'd rate the install difficulty at a 6 overall. Again, the hardest part is getting the clips back on the bulb holder. I did NOT remove the bulb from the holder and I was able to get the clips to attach with minimal difficulty. The reason I left it on the bulb was I didn't want to drop the holder in to the headlight array. I have done this before with another bulb install attempt - used a vacuum with a small diameter hose to get the holder out which was about 15 minutes of very loud cursing, so avoid removing the holder if you can.

There is ample space to tuck the webbing and the driver in the headlight array. Here's the what it looks like all lit up...

i-pnPh9J7-XL.jpg

And with the H1 high beams on...

i-F9KJmMC-XL.jpg

Finally, the backside with the webbing tucked in.

i-Q87XCFW-XL.jpg

@patm, thanks again to posting this originally and planting a seed...

Bulb showed up in the mail today, that's not bad for crossing an international border, having ordered it on Sunday. I'd rate the install difficulty at a 6 overall. Again, the hardest part is getting the clips back on the bulb holder. I did NOT remove the bulb from the holder and I was able to get the clips to attach with minimal difficulty. The reason I left it on the bulb was I didn't want to drop the holder in to the headlight array. I have done this before with another bulb install attempt - used a vacuum with a small diameter hose to get the holder out which was about 15 minutes of very loud cursing, so avoid removing the holder if you can.

There is ample space to tuck the webbing and the driver in the headlight array. Here's the what it looks like all lit up...

View attachment 71282

And with the H1 high beams on...

View attachment 71283

Finally, the backside with the webbing tucked in.

View attachment 71284

@patm, thanks again to posting this originally and planting a seed...
Thanks for the pics and comments, I'm about to order.

Back