• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Bicycling thread

What type of tires/wheels on that bicycle? Absolutely incredible. CAD for sure. The drag at the pedals? And how does the body keep from aeroing off the bike? No fairing, no foil, spoiler? Maybe I missed something.

Yesterday was the 43rd annual BRR ride. Bike ride to Rippey and back to Perry Iowa.
Mid 30s and sunny while I was riding so it was comfortable.
It's only 23 miles and a flat route.

Hotel Pattee in Perry
20200201_095609.jpg

20200201_104151.jpg

Picture copied from the Des Moines Register.
I'm the out of focus one in the red jacket.
Copied from Des Moines Register (1).JPG

I want a fat bike but best insider hookup has stopped distributing Surly so now I don't know what to do.

I want a fat bike but best insider hookup has stopped distributing Surly so now I don't know what to do.

Try to find a used or leftover Surly?
Is Surly one of the better brands for fat tire bikes?

You can always hear a fat tire coming down the road, those wide knobbies make a lot of noise.
The couple in my earlier pictures had studs, those things were really loud.
Here's another picture from the paper.
Copied from Des Moines Register (2).JPG

F1A9E9B3-8805-4EEC-807E-0E711D734BA0.jpeg
Old bar next to LBJ’s long ago law office

787C381E-5F7A-4E43-AC6D-3A30578E70FF.jpeg
H and free ranging bovines

950CE610-3F27-4A14-915A-A1A9ED08B8C8.jpeg
Which way to go? A stop on our 40 mile minimal traffic loop that is now in a pipeline construction zone that started Sunday:banghead

When does your riding season usually start, Steve.

Jan-Dec:wave

Only a few days in Winter are too cold and/or wet to get out here unless one is hardcore. The wind this time of year is the biggest challenge more than temps.You think you are having a great day and flying along...then you turn into the wind and reality hits! I had a cold front arrive a few hours early last week and reminded me it was still Winter as the temp dropped 30 degrees before I got home.

Back