Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55

Thread: The Bicycling thread

I had not seen this thread previously. What better place than to post a photo from last summer riding Tail of the Dragon. Day before was Mt Mitchell from Marion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't ridden a bicycle more than a block or two in the past 50 years, so take this with a grain of salt. But I would think that riding the Tail of the Dragon on a bicycle would scare me nearly to death. No shoulders to speak of; narrow driving lanes; limited sight distance for drivers; too many Ricky Racers; etc.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I haven't ridden a bicycle more than a block or two in the past 50 years, so take this with a grain of salt. But I would think that riding the Tail of the Dragon on a bicycle would scare me nearly to death. No shoulders to speak of; narrow driving lanes; limited sight distance for drivers; too many Ricky Racers; etc.
    Yep, cycling the TTD on a weekend would not be advisable. Frankly, I wouldn't even take the car or motorbike there on a weekend. When I'm cycling tough mountain passes or know there are going to be really technical descents, I go to great lengths to plan such rides for when there will be the least amount of traffic possible.