Thread: 1994 K75 Low Seat

1994 K75 Low Seat

Is there any difference between the low seat pan and the high seat pan?

Quote Originally Posted by guaire View Post
    Is there any difference between the low seat pan and the high seat pan?
    Yes there is. Either can be fitted to the same bike/frame/tank but the hardware to do so is totally different.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

3 Red Bricks
    Generally, the factory low seat is a lift off seat that comes down on both sides of the frame so that the battery cover panels are not able to be used. It also uses the tank pad which makes the seat itself shorter.

The standard seat is a hinged seat and only comes down to the frame rails so the battery covers can be used. The seat's nose extends all the way to the tank with no tank pad.

The pans are entirely different. The latching mechanisms are different. With all the orrect parts, you can convert either direction. Usually, the most economical way is to trade all the pieces with someone who wants to go the other way.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

I got a 'low seat' from a eBay seller. Part # 52 53 2 308 113. Doesn't fit the frame or the latch. Back to square A.

Quote Originally Posted by guaire View Post
    I got a 'low seat' from a eBay seller. Part # 52 53 2 308 113. Doesn't fit the frame or the latch. Back to square A.
    See post #2. I said "the hardware is totally different." I meant the hardware is totally different. If you removed the tall seat hardware and installed the clips on the tank, the tank surround, and the latching hardware for the low seat it would fit perfectly. If not - it won't even come close.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/