• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1999 R1100RT - Cannot find rear tire size - 170/60R18 (only have size 17)

lkhanna

Hi Everyone:

I'm using this forum for the 1st time. I live in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada and need a rear tire for my 1999 R1100RT bike. I have Metzler Roadtec Z6 tires (size for rear - 160/60 R18. Everywhere I've looked, this 18" is either out of stock or discontinued. I've even tried other tire makes.

Can anyone help me as to where I can get this size (preferably in Ontario, Canada) or who can ship it to Canada? I'm open to riding anywhere within 200 klms of the Toronto area to purchase the tire and have it installed.

Thanks for your help, Linda

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully some of the northern members will be along to express their experience.

Tires

Lot of choices in that size on eBay I have to replace same tires in same size soon. eBay listed some off brand guessing Chinese made tire with front and back tires costing a little less than the $179 pilot road 3 rear. I am testing the $56 starter on my 1994 R1100RS, so can someone else try a set of the eBay cheapies and let us know if they are good or bad ( really let us know how bad they are).

Call Al or Linda at Zdenos in Kitchener. They have always fitted my bikes with tires, with very decent prices, I might add.

(519)7457010

I bought a 18”Michelin road pilot 3 this summer from Revzilla. I also called Michelin because I wanted to get the RP 4 and was told they aren’t making them in the 4 or 5 in an 18”.

In Canada.......a couple of brands out of stock but there are at least six for you to choose from and they're all good. Cheap shipping, too! :thumb

https://fortnine.ca/en/motorcycle-tires/60_-radial-18_-blackwall-touring_tires-160

I have to ask, have you tried your dealer?

Yep, FortNine is the Canadian solution for motorcycle tires. Once you do the exchange rate math and the shipping, customs and duties from US suppliers you will find that FortNine is not only on par but cheaper in most cases.

Also, they ship your tires to your front door via Canada Post for free and it's quick. Why not buy Canadian?

Yep, FortNine is the Canadian solution for motorcycle tires. Once you do the exchange rate math and the shipping, customs and duties from US suppliers you will find that FortNine is not only on par but cheaper in most cases.

Also, they ship your tires to your front door via Canada Post for free and it's quick. Why not buy Canadian?

:thumb Absolutely agree!!!!! :thumb
They deserve all our business cause they are priced right and they ship your order out FAST! (I am not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer).
:thumb

Give Adrian a call at Ace Mototech in Milton http://www.acemototech.com/home-2.html. Great little shop and someone who knows what customer service is. I bought tires off Adrian this summer and they were cheaper than I could find anywhere else including Fortnine where I buy lots of stuff. Adrian and his technician Antonio treat your bike like it is there own. When I went to get my tires installed he called Antonio out who would be working on my bike, introduced him to me, reviewed everything need to work.

The next time I used Adrian was a month later when I was an idiot and grabbed the wrong socket and got it stuck trying to change the spark plugs :banghead. After several days of trying all the ideas and advice here I called Adrian, explained the situation and dropped my bike off. Adrian helped me unload it, and then he and Antonio looked it over and talked to me about there thoughts on how to tackle the job. I live a couple hours away but they accommodated my request about dropping my trailer in the morning as I was going to be in meetings all day and meeting them at the end of the day. Adrian asked me how quickly I needed it back as they were slammed and I told them take your time. A few days later I got a call saying they were going to try it that weekend. A few days after that I got the call I was waiting for that they got the socket out. While they were in there I had them adjust the valve clearances, change the oil and spark plugs and install my engine protectors. I expected to be well over a grand, but to my surprise the bill was only six hundred dollars cdn, taxes on. Adrian and Antonio explained how they got it off, and the vocabulary they learned while trying to remove it. While there Adrian shared some tips about working on my bike, encouraged me to continue to adjust valve clearances myself, etc.

Needless to say I am a huge fan of Adrian and Antonio. I have no affiliation with them, just an extremely satisfied customer. Well worth giving a Adrian a call to see if he has tires in stock that will fit your bike.

Well maybe we're a tad over exuberant about Fort Nine but for years tires in Canada got so much more expensive than Stateside we all were buying tires from the USA. Then FortNine showed up on the scene a few years ago and suddenly we had a tire supplier who was matching US prices with free delivery via the Post Office. I jumped on it as soon as I heard about Fort Nine and have been a steady tire customer for several years now. Other than one set of pretty old Avon Distanzias they sent me I've been very happy with their quick shipping and customer service. As for the old tires I requested an exchange but no more were available and in hindsight I should have realized they had been discontinued by Avon for some time before I ordered them. Too bad because they are (were) great tires.

Try americanmototire.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 American Motorcycle Tire is my favorite online tire source. Great prices and wonderful communications about your order. I recently bought a tire and tube (for my Airhead) on Bike Bandit, because I didn't find the tire on americanmoto - my mistake, it was there. Order was shipped in two shipments. One package had no updates until after it was delivered.

Back