• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R90/6 Handlebar Riser Stud Length

guyatou

The riser on my R90/6 is missing the original studs. I tried bolts, but it's hard to get everything lined up properly from under the triple tree top plate, due to limited clearance.

I found some appropriate threaded studs, but I'll need to cut them down to the right length after I install them in the upper part of the clamp.

Can somebody measure the total exposed length of the studs? The studs appear to be two different lengths. I included a stock photo so you'll know what I'm talking about.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks in advance!

They are supposed to be uneven length.

"Google BMW R90/6 handlebar riser" and you will find many photographs of them showing their lengths to be different (if that is what you're concerned about).

i.e.

m5_YZhz9URPsOvUzi_FO1Nw.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I just measured mine from my '78 R100RS and got 62 mm and 48 mm. They use similar gauge pods so they are probably the same. On my '78 R80/7 I added a 20 mm spacer underneath (cheap riser) so for longer studs I secured a 3' length of rolled thread ready rod at a nut'nbolt store and cut new ones to size. Good luck.
Russ '76 R90/6 '78 R80/7 '78 R100RS

I just measured mine from my '78 R100RS and got 62 mm and 48 mm. They use similar gauge pods so they are probably the same. On my '78 R80/7 I added a 20 mm spacer underneath (cheap riser) so for longer studs I secured a 3' length of rolled thread ready rod at a nut'nbolt store and cut new ones to size. Good luck.
Russ '76 R90/6 '78 R80/7 '78 R100RS

Thanks that's exactly what i needed. That is a big help!

Back