• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brake pads

what brake pads is best for a 2011 R1200RT

Just bought a set of EBC (fully sintered) HH pads for my R1150RT. I found the part numbers I needed on the EBC website, then ordered them from Amazon to save a few bucks and take advantage of free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

another vote for EBC HH pads...use them on pretty much every bike i have ever owned...:) i do use Carbone Lorraine sintered on the 15-S1R though, better feedback...the S1R brakes are a bit touchy...

I too have used EBC HH for a number of bikes. However, most recent purchase, for an '08 R1200RT front pads, didn't work out. From the get go the EBC pads caused moderate vibrations from 20 mph to stop. Called EBC and they told me to put additional miles on them. Did total 400 miles before going to new $$$ stock BMW pads...the "fix" was immediate. EBC offered to send another set under warranty if I wanted. This may have been a one time problem.

Back