• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brake line diameter? K1200rs

tubeless

Anyone happen to know what diameter the brake line is for the ABS delete. I'm stopping at the auto store tomorrow morning on the way to the shop and was going to get a couple feet of brake line.
It's for a 04 K1200rs. As I understand it the rear line can be twisted into position, but the front needs a "U" shaped piece bent and spliced in.
Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forum!
I can't help you with the size but can recommend the "new" copper nickel brake line. pretty much a pleasure to work with due to the ease of bending without crushing/kinking. I'm pretty sure you will need to do a "double flair" on the lines......so you will need the tool.
You might find what you need on the Speigler brake line sight to see you some messin' 'round.
Gary

If you want custom lines for the delete (and you do), here is what you need.13361987-B964-4502-8384-10D8B87F486A.jpeg

On my 03 K12GT (Speed bleeders were wrong)

So I made it up to the shop yesterday. I got as far as stripping off the fairing ,tank, and related bits. Tomorrow I'll remove the abs unit and hook up the lines.
The goal here is to put the bike back in service asap so as to find all the gremlins before the riding year ends. The bike was purchased as a winter project and I'm sure there are more suprises to come. The abs was a known issue as was an indication of a minor oil leak in the clutch compartmant. I will address the leak over the winter as well as new lines. Runs well once warmed up, so I'm going to look over the ignition , fuel filter, and possibly valve settings this week.

Other than that I should be good to go. Thanks for all for the suggestions.

The control module on the top of the iabs unit has to be retained. Without it, you won’t have a brake lights or a speedo. Brake lights can be overcome with a couple of relays, but the speedo is a problem. I searched and never found anyone who had devised a workaround. I did find that Jegs had a gps speedo sender for $100 that might have worked, but fortunately, I was able to get my module repaired, and didn’t have to try the gps solution. I fabbed up a cover and mount and tucked it into the giant void where the pumps used to live. 6 weeks & 1500+ miles later and I don’t miss the abs. I really don’t miss the noisy/whiney pumps!

The video below contains a couple other little tips. Hope it helps!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6pZpPnKeQzk

Almost back together , I just have to seal and install the electronic box. I made a "jumper " line for the front brakes, and adapted the rears to fit. They are bubble flare lines for sure.
Front brake lever is rock hard, the rear is so so. I'll bleed it again just to be sure.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Back