• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rock-Solid R1100RT Finally Broke: Time To Let 'er Go - But How?

teells

Hello Beemer Fans,

Of the four BMWs I’ve owned since 1973, one finally broke big time. The clutch on my 1998 R1100RT ABS, finally gave up the ghost making the bike un-rideable in its current condition. Up until this happened, the bike has been the most reliable, rock-solid bike I’ve ever owned, with 278k miles on the odo. I’ve decided to sell the bike rather than repair it as repairs could easily get into the $1,200 range. Plus, it’s one of three m/c’s I have and it’s time to let one go.

My question: What’s the best way to sell a bike with that many miles? (I was hoping to get a few hundred bucks for it. I don’t see project bikes like this in the Marketplace.) I’d sure hate to see this bike get parted-out at a scrap yard of sorts.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Back