• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Rentals Through Dealerships to be trialed

Well it’s about time! I’ve thought for years that BMW is missing out on new business and a possible gateway to new customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harley used to, maybe still does allow a weekend rental to apply to the purchase price. Good business.

Rod

As far as I know, they still do. I’ve owned two HD’s and definitely took advantage of the rental program both times before deciding to buy. I also
used the rental fleet as spare bikes whenever needed...bike is in the shop for service, etc.

BMW really needs more of a presence in the motorcycling community and this would certainly help increase brand awareness and generate interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great marketing move for BMW. I just spent almost three weeks on a rented F800GS in Europe and came away really liking the bike. Two riders in our group were long-time H-D riders, one is now shopping for a Grand America and the other a R1200GS or the new R1250GS when it comes out. Nothing sells a BMW to a potential buyer like an extended test ride—that’s when they really “get it”.

Best,
DG

Two riders in our group were long-time H-D riders, one is now shopping for a Grand America and the other a R1200GS...
Hah! I played Tour Guide for an old friend and his daughter 11 years ago. He was a dyed in the wool Harley guy and had a rented R1200RT for the 2 week ride. He fell in love with it and now has a K1600GTL.

Side note - we rented the bikes from a dealer in Switzerland (Moto Mader). European dealers have been renting bikes for decades now. Surprised that it took this long to migrate over the pond.

Back