• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ohio's Windy 9

RPGR90s

Just completed a Windy 9 trip and had a blast. (www.windy9.com)

The city of Athens has been promoting this and we had a great time riding in and around the Hocking Hills area. Our group of five usually camps, but we decided to try one of the excellent cabins at the Hocking Hills State Park. We did parts of most of the 9 routes, with the highlight stop being the Triple Nickel Diner in Westerhill. http://www.triplenickeldiner.com/

Our group consisted of a R1150RT, R1100s, K1300GT, and two R90s's. My 140k R90s ran better than new with only a slight adjustment of the points to cure a poor idle issue. From then on, it was in it's element in that cool weather.

My buddy's R90s started doing the same thing and his points had closed down to .002" so we set them and his too ran so much better....until he pressed his horn button and blew a fuse, and lost his charging. About 45 min in a gas station, we theorized that he hooked up the horn backwards after replacing the front cover, shorting the hot to ground. We fashioned a fuse with the original porcelain connector and order was quickly restored. Matt Parkhouse would have been proud of our quick solution. :)

I have a new found love for my old Airhead, perfectly at home on some of Ohio's best roads.

RickR90s

Hi there, tell me about the windy9. Ive done the I think it was the triple nickle and 66. they start near the ohio river and run towards the middle of the state. lots of roller coaster farm land. fun ride and I would like to do another ohio ride. something different than these east TN mountain rides. Thanks JB

Windy 9

Hi there, tell me about the windy9. Ive done the I think it was the triple nickle and 66. they start near the ohio river and run towards the middle of the state. lots of roller coaster farm land. fun ride and I would like to do another ohio ride. something different than these east TN mountain rides. Thanks JB

It's a collection of roads that the Athens area started promoting. In conjunction with Road Rider magazine I believe. I've ridden some of the roads in the past on my way to WV or the Blue Ridge Parkway. Always enjoyed S.E. Ohio and my fellow riders usually comment that there's no reason to go any further for great riding.

Of the collection (www.windy9.com), I personally think the Triple Nickel is the most challenging and technical. We stayed at the Hocking Hills State Park. One of the rides we did was 664 north to Logan. Definitely check out the M&M Diner with owner Michelle giving you crap if you're not a Buckeyes fan. lol

Head north on 93 out of Logan and head east to New Straitsville. From there, take 216 S.E. , 78 east to Ringgold where you'll hit the Triple Nickel. Stop in Chesterhill at the Triple Nickel Diner for incredible lunch and dessert.

From there, we just completed a loop back to the State Park via Routes 377, 550, 13 North (to stay away from Athens) 682 west and south to 56 west, all the way back to South Bloomingvale.

Every road is beautiful with scenery and plenty of peg scraping.

Best enjoyed on a vintage R90s. :)

RickR90s

Back