• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How is everyone doing - new 310's?

I posted the previous because I have reason to believe another forum member may have experienced total engine failure.
They have not reported it here yet but I am curious to know what happened.

Regardless, I hope things work out OK for them.

I posted the previous because I have reason to believe another forum member may have experienced total engine failure.
They have not reported it here yet but I am curious to know what happened.

Regardless, I hope things work out OK for them.

Are you talking to me???:)

Last October on my way back from Tennessee (escaping a stationary Tennessee monsoon) my 2019 G310GS at 25,195 miles lost what I believe were lower end transmission parts. It was making expensive noises, throwing oil but the top end seemed to rev easily with the clutch in , just having a hard time putting it on the ground. I made it to downtown Tekonsha, MI (population 717) just off US 69. It was under warranty and with road service so I called the system and was evacuated with the bike to BMW Motorcycles of Grand Rapids. They replaced the motor under warranty. I considered buying the extended warranty, as that the 2019 warranty was almost over, and chose to pick up a 2022 310 GS with a new three year warranty with road service included. I de-farkled the 2019 and have been working on farkling up the 2022. We are still getting snow (and salt on the roads) here in Michigan but I hope to get it out soon. The 2019 was well exercised (Key West, deep sand trails, highway flying) and I was a little surprised it didn't happen sooner ergo I chose to give the platform another try.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Threadjack - Thinking about getting one

I am really thinking about getting a g310gs. It would be to replace my 2002 f650cs. My main usage is the normal running around town, going to work, and some 2-lane highway runs, of several hundred miles, to visit family. I dirt-road out of necessity here in the mid-west (US), I don't really off-road.

I don't run the 650 hard, so I am not entirely sure I will notice the power difference. What I would hope to get out of it is a bit of an increased sense of reliability, the improvements to ABS, and a bit of refinement that comes from being twenty years newer. . . . and, of course, the scratch that "new toy" itch.

I post this with the usual . . . any thoughts or suggestions?

7,101 Mile Trip: NC to MO to NS to NC

I just finished riding my 2022 G310GS 7,101 miles from NC to the BMW MOA National Rally in Missouri to Nova Scotia and back to NC. I had planned two trips, the Missouri trip and the Nova Scotia trip, so I decided to use the 310GS for Missouri and use that trip to decide if it was a good choice for the NS trip. Not only did I decide it was, but I decided to proceed directly from Missouri to NS instead of going back to North Carolina for what would have amounted to a two day stop over. Because of this decision, I was able to do 60% of the NEBDR along the way.

White Point NS.jpg

I just finished riding my 2022 G310GS 7,101 miles from NC to the BMW MOA National Rally in Missouri to Nova Scotia and back to NC. I had planned two trips, the Missouri trip and the Nova Scotia trip, so I decided to use the 310GS for Missouri and use that trip to decide if it was a good choice for the NS trip. Not only did I decide it was, but I decided to proceed directly from Missouri to NS instead of going back to North Carolina for what would have amounted to a two day stop over. Because of this decision, I was able to do 60% of the NEBDR along the way.

View attachment 88524

Another great report. :thumb
OM

Back