Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How is everyone doing - new 310's?

Owners Manual

Quote Originally Posted by rushvillemotowerks View Post
    Hello and new to the Forum. I've ridden my R1100RT for the past 20 years and recently retired her and moved to a 2019 G310 GS. Great bike. Does everything I ask of it plus the light weight and "flickability" makes it a joy to ride. Very pleased with the purchase. However could someone point me in the direction of obtaining an owners manual and service manual. Thanks in advance.
    You can download the owners manual here:
    https://www.bmw-motorrad.com/en/serv...er-manual.html
    You just need to supply the proper information.
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    2017 R1200RTW, 2018 G310GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936

I truly love mine. I'm struck at how much so. It's a 2018 G310R that had been purchased but never left the BMW dealership in MN (BMW Motorcycles of Richfield) -- the owner had an issue that prevented him from picking it up. I got it with 0.9 miles on the odometer, did a quick set up for a longer ride and rode it home to New Jersey last week. It was the most fun I'd had on motorcycles in years. It has over 1,500 miles now.

A few photos from a ride near our home today...

110519g310rshortride-L1085634-Edit.jpg

110519g310rshortride-L1085600-Edit.jpg

110519g310rshortride-L1085608-Edit.jpg

I love that color! Stands out with the fall colors!

Great pictures!
    2000 BMW R1100RS | Past bikes: 97 Suzuki GS500E, 82 Suzuki GS1100E, 07 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I am an airhead type of guy - wanted a spare bike to carry in van that I could sleep with with no gasoline stink.

Bought 310R for the above purpose and although I was skeptical at first I think now at near 12,000 miles this is a good bike for the money even though it has no soul and sounds and feels like a dremmel with wheels.

Failures so far - the bike has never been back to the dealer for any service whatsoever since purchase:
    OEM battery at about 7k miles - charge voltage but no cranking amps - replaced with $75 walmart battery no problem since
    H4 headlight bulb fail at about 11k miles probably due to vibration - I usually get way more than that from H4 on a /5 or R65
    but the 310R runs at 14.8v instead of the 13.5v on the airheads

Chain looks good at 12k miles - adjusted 3 times
    Tires still look very good at 12k miles

82 mpg by my gps at 50-60 cruise speed on 2 lane roads using 87octane US crap gas contaminated with 10% ethanol

92 mph top speed by my gps limited by rev limiter in top(6th) gear

This little bike will embarass a single rider on a full sized stock Harley from a standing start up to about 65mph or so and that is sometimes great fun

This 310R is the first BMW stock motorcycle that I can comfortably straddle with my short 24 inch inseam since the /2 models with chopper style seat mounted so should be good for the smaller women out there who want to ride themselves - the bike is so light tiptoes are enough to get full enjoyment without fear at stops

The ABS brakes are a new thing for me and I am favorably impressed

I think so far a very good motorcycle for its price and handles very well (compared to the 60ś and 70ś bikes I am used to)
    and handles somewhat better than 2000 GS500 Suzuki I have about 120k miles on

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 44006 View Post
    I am an airhead type of guy - wanted a spare bike to carry in van that I could sleep with with no gasoline stink.

Bought 310R for the above purpose and although I was skeptical at first I think now at near 12,000 miles this is a good bike for the money even though it has no soul and sounds and feels like a dremmel with wheels.

Failures so far - the bike has never been back to the dealer for any service whatsoever since purchase:
    OEM battery at about 7k miles - charge voltage but no cranking amps - replaced with $75 walmart battery no problem since
    H4 headlight bulb fail at about 11k miles probably due to vibration - I usually get way more than that from H4 on a /5 or R65
    but the 310R runs at 14.8v instead of the 13.5v on the airheads

Chain looks good at 12k miles - adjusted 3 times
    Tires still look very good at 12k miles

82 mpg by my gps at 50-60 cruise speed on 2 lane roads using 87octane US crap gas contaminated with 10% ethanol

92 mph top speed by my gps limited by rev limiter in top(6th) gear

This little bike will embarass a single rider on a full sized stock Harley from a standing start up to about 65mph or so and that is sometimes great fun

This 310R is the first BMW stock motorcycle that I can comfortably straddle with my short 24 inch inseam since the /2 models with chopper style seat mounted so should be good for the smaller women out there who want to ride themselves - the bike is so light tiptoes are enough to get full enjoyment without fear at stops

The ABS brakes are a new thing for me and I am favorably impressed

I think so far a very good motorcycle for its price and handles very well (compared to the 60ś and 70ś bikes I am used to)
    and handles somewhat better than 2000 GS500 Suzuki I have about 120k miles on
    Nice review
    Thanks

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200