• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bing Carberator Cleaning - Ultrasonic

b25bsaboy

Good evening,

I will be stripping the 32mm Bing carbs shortly and have purchased an Ultrasonic cleaner big enough to accommodate the entire body.

What solution works well under these circumstances. With the right solution, is heating the solution necessary or needed.

Read so many comments, I thought I would turn to the board of wisedom to see what others have experienced.

Don't know of a solution but the carb must be completely stripped...this includes the butterflies and the o-rings. Care is needed to reinstall the shafts and repeen the screws.

Given that the carb body is aluminum, you do not want to use a strongly alkaline cleaner, such as TSP.

I purchased a riding mower with a Kawasaki motor that wasn't running. Ethanol was the culprit. Carbs were gummed up BAD. I soaked it in a tub of pinesol. Tub was sitting on my generator while running for a few hours to act as a ultrasonic. Came out like a new carb. I learned of the trick over on ADVrider.

Great results with S100

I use a 10-1 dilution of water to S100 concentrate. In my ultrasonic that's big enough for one carb body, it takes several cycles until the water/s100 stays clean with the first cycle typically turning the solution black in 90 seconds. Then I purge the carb of the water/s100 with air, make several plain water sonic rinses with a final air pressure to purge and dry with a heat gun.

Back