• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Platinum Insurance

RPGR90s

Well, after 103k miles, I finally had to tow my beloved R1150RT last night. Good thing I signed up for the platinum MOA coverage as my 60 mile trip was covered.
The driver arrived on a flat bed with a Condor wheel chock that was on rollers. So we just tied down the bike on the pavement and rolled it up via the cable. Then tied it down a bit more and it didn't move a bit.

Been chasing intermittent, "crank but no start" issues so I'm kind of glad it stranded me now rather than this weekend's planned trip through southern Ohio.

I have my R90s, which I'll enjoy just as much.

My advice. Get the Plat plan. It's good insurance.

RickR90s

Tire Replacement Coverage

I signed up for the Platinum coverage expecting never to use it. One year later, I spot a nail in my rear tire. The tire was losing air but I managed to make to my dealer by airing it up fully. The coverage paid for my tire and installation with no out of pocket cost. I am convinced the Platinum coverage is a good deal!:dance

I signed up for the Platinum coverage expecting never to use it. One year later, I spot a nail in my rear tire. The tire was losing air but I managed to make to my dealer by airing it up fully. The coverage paid for my tire and installation with no out of pocket cost. I am convinced the Platinum coverage is a good deal!:dance

Ditto - same "nail in the rear tire" with Platinum coverage - wonderful deal.

Back