Thread: MOA Platinum Insurance

MOA Platinum Insurance

Well, after 103k miles, I finally had to tow my beloved R1150RT last night. Good thing I signed up for the platinum MOA coverage as my 60 mile trip was covered.
    The driver arrived on a flat bed with a Condor wheel chock that was on rollers. So we just tied down the bike on the pavement and rolled it up via the cable. Then tied it down a bit more and it didn't move a bit.

Been chasing intermittent, "crank but no start" issues so I'm kind of glad it stranded me now rather than this weekend's planned trip through southern Ohio.

I have my R90s, which I'll enjoy just as much.

My advice. Get the Plat plan. It's good insurance.

RickR90s

Tire Replacement Coverage

I signed up for the Platinum coverage expecting never to use it. One year later, I spot a nail in my rear tire. The tire was losing air but I managed to make to my dealer by airing it up fully. The coverage paid for my tire and installation with no out of pocket cost. I am convinced the Platinum coverage is a good deal!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Nice to have a good report
    om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Galiano View Post
    I signed up for the Platinum coverage expecting never to use it. One year later, I spot a nail in my rear tire. The tire was losing air but I managed to make to my dealer by airing it up fully. The coverage paid for my tire and installation with no out of pocket cost. I am convinced the Platinum coverage is a good deal!
    Ditto - same "nail in the rear tire" with Platinum coverage - wonderful deal.
    JWMcDonald
    2016 R1200RS (current)
    2003 R1150RS (prior) / 1978 R80/7 (prior) / 1966 R69S (prior) / 1972 R75/5 (prior)
    Windsor, California