Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I am not sure where the best place is to post this, but decided to start here. I really don’t want to use the Anonymous book as I assume that is really reserved for on-road emergencies.

I am leaving in a week to ride from PA to Alaska. Given the distance, I would like to do an oil change before heading home. I can probably get into a dealer in Fairbanks or Anchorage, but I generally do all of my own work and would rather do the change myself if I can find someone to loan me a drain pan and funnel. I carry all of the tools I need for the job.

I am wondering if there might be someone in Alaska, Fairbanks, Anchorage or otherwise, that might be willing to let me use some driveway or garage space and their drain pan and funnel. I am certainly happy to compensate you for your time and trouble and pay for the used oil disposal cost.

If there is a better place in the forum to post such a request, please let me know that as well.

TIA.
Try posting over on ADVRider (https://advrider.com/f/forums/alaska.68/). This is the Alaska forum and there are several people on it from Fairbanks or Anchorage. Ask for help and you will likely get it. Alternatively, go to a Fred Meyer or Walmart, buy a disposable turkey cooking pan and a funnel, ask their auto service department if they will take your used oil (do that first actually). The ones in Fairbanks have done this in the past, but it has been 8 years since I lived there.