• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sept 2018 ON cover

EUGENE

Great cover picture for September. I have a question. What is it, between the rider's peg and the West decal. It is black and poking out of the fairing??:scratch Great gas price 41.9 per gallon. for premium, must have been about the early 1970s.

Great cover picture for September. I have a question. What is it, between the rider's peg and the West decal. It is black and poking out of the fairing?

Its a crash bung/slider. Supposed to save your bodywork if your bike falls over. You have to drill a giant hole in your fairing to mount them and they don't work anyway. Every bike I've ever seen that's had them and been crashed always had rashed bodywork. The K1200 comes with them stock, mounted behind the fairing in an effort to avoid any frame damage in the event of a fall.

Last edited:
H has the sliders on her K and they sit higher on fairing panel.

I see a wire coming out of lower vent hole and maybe a mount for light or camera. I saw that the other day and :scratch

Nice to see a vintage Wedge K bike on the cover:D

:bolt

Back