Thread: Asian round head helmets

Asian round head helmets

Iíve been using an Italian Nolan helmet for years, before that a very old Harley helmet. Went out to replace it and tried Shoei, etc, from the Asian Manufacturers. OMG, every darn one felt as though I had a large rock against my forehead with absolutely no cushion. There was no way I could have even ridden around the block with them.

Am I the only one out there with a European oval head with this issue?

I've used both a Schuberth C3 Pro and a Shoei NeoTec and both fit me fine.

Joe
    ďFate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Quote Originally Posted by markforshee View Post
    Iíve been using an Italian Nolan helmet for years, before that a very old Harley helmet. Went out to replace it and tried Shoei, etc, from the Asian Manufacturers. OMG, every darn one felt as though I had a large rock against my forehead with absolutely no cushion. There was no way I could have even ridden around the block with them.

I have an Okie square head (I guess) and most all helmets fit me fine. I wear the Schuberth cuz it is the lightest and quietest I have found. Asian manufacturers' helmets are fine too, as I wore HJC for years before I discovered Schuberth.

Good luck with your search.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Lee A. Dickinson - Danielsville, GA USA
    Airheads #3480 | Iron Butt Assn. #8914
    1976 R75/6 - 1992 R100RS - 1993 K1100RS - 2013 R1200GS

Everyone's head is different. I have been wearing HJC helmets for years. I tried on a Schuberth once and it was just short of pain full. I had it on my head for about 5 seconds and it was about all I could stand! It was simply the worst helmet I have ever tried on. My buddy tried Schuberth and he said it was extremely uncomfortable.

Arai makes helmets in both round and oval shapes.
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

-I just wanna ride on my motor sickle-

I have ridden many many times w/o a helmet and when I have (as of recent) I wear a 1/2 helmet because not a single full face fits and I just dont like them.

Ironically I have a round head and the vast majority of helmets are all for simi or full oval shaped heads.
    Plus putting on a helmet even a 3/4 is painful for me.
    I literally cannot put most on my head. When I do they get heavy quickly and I have to get it off pronto.

I have a Bell rouge helmet I purchased about 3 years ago and it sits forward and heavy on my head. As a result I stopped putting it on.
    Same with my old 2008 Harley branded 1/2 helmet. Very painful to wear for long periods.
    Serious headaches and fatigue.

The one I have now is a LS2 (no I am not recommending anything) its fairly lightweight and fits me ok.

Personally, I wish they would have a system where like the Air Force, the helmet is fitted to your head rather than a generic fit thing.

The Arai Signet X is for long-oval heads...
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by soocom1 View Post
    I have ridden many many times w/o a helmet and when I have (as of recent) I wear a 1/2 helmet because not a single full face fits and I just dont like them.

Ironically I have a round head and the vast majority of helmets are all for simi or full oval shaped heads.
    Plus putting on a helmet even a 3/4 is painful for me.
    I literally cannot put most on my head. When I do they get heavy quickly and I have to get it off pronto.

I have a Bell rouge helmet I purchased about 3 years ago and it sits forward and heavy on my head. As a result I stopped putting it on.
    Same with my old 2008 Harley branded 1/2 helmet. Very painful to wear for long periods.
    Serious headaches and fatigue.

The one I have now is a LS2 (no I am not recommending anything) its fairly lightweight and fits me ok.

Personally, I wish they would have a system where like the Air Force, the helmet is fitted to your head rather than a generic fit thing.
    I'm fairly sure that both Arai and Schuberth can provide padding for custom fitting. Sometimes company reps are available for this service at rallies, races or dealer events.
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

I can't believe with all the helmets available that people can't find one that fits!
    Walter

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by markforshee View Post

Different models from the same manufacturer can fit different head shapes. Try shopping on Revzilla...their evaluation of every helmet includes a description of the type of head shape the helmet is best suited for.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Quote Originally Posted by WalterK75 View Post
    I can't believe with all the helmets available that people can't find one that fits!
    Youd be suprised. Personally speaking my biggest problem was affording the ones that did fit.

When your budget wont allow a $400 helmet things can get tough.

Quote Originally Posted by soocom1 View Post
    When your budget wont allow a $400 helmet things can get tough.
    I thought that, too, and was very happy with a $650 Neotec and the half-dozen or so Shoei helmets that preceded it, but on a lark recently bought a $200 HJC IS-2 Max.
    The HJC is lighter and actually more comfortable (for me anyway), if a bit noisier than the Neotec. The Max is 95% the helmet at less than 1/3 the cost.

Don’t discount the lower-priced lids. Some are pretty decent!
    -I just wanna ride on my motor sickle-