• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do you carry fishing equipment?

Fishing equipment on the motorcycle? Most of the travel fishing outfits are spinning or fly spinning combinations and I hate spinning outfits so what do others do to carry fishing equipment on motorcycles?

I added some context to the title to distinguish carrying of sports/fishing equipment rather than that other thing!! :stick

03fc6c944f39762fc32e48e7127b2915.jpg

16.5” and your choice of reel. Action is on the firm side but a great stream rod.

Fly rod on a RT

Nice recommendation. I just purchased a battle rod. At 9" packing length, this will fit nicely in my dry bag. Will need to find an appropriate carrying bag for the rod and a 1000 size reel I already own. I'm surprised they don't sell them.

Just saw this thread, but it was a problem for me last summer as well. Got one of these:
https://www.orvis.com/store/product...758&group_id=759&cat_id=14816&subcat_id=76130
and now it all fits in a dry bag on my back seat. Waders, boots, rod, net and over the shoulder tackle bag. I think I can tell the difference between this one and my other rods, but not much. But it's much easier to get on the bike. Now about all that mud in the parking area, still a problem for the RT...
Jerry

Back