• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to MOA from TX

bsquared

Hello from Friendswood, TX. I had an '03 K12RS years ago (RIP) & just got a BMW back in my garage with my recent acquisition of a '13 K16GT locally so I thought I would join MOA to see what it's all about. Looking forward to lurking & maybe attending some events. I am finding this K16 is more conducive to longer treks than my zx10 :).

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 131
Welcome to the forum!! Since you're near Houston, you have a lot of country to cover north of you on your new bike. Enjoy! And don't just lurk! :wave

Thanks Kurt. Yes, lots of great roads to the North East & West of me so looking forward to getting out to them, & I'll contribute, if everybody just lurked it wouldn't be any fun!

Welcome from ATX:wave Grew up in SE Houston and still have family/friends in Friendswood/Pearland area

Is that coastal area in your shop down by TX City? Trying to place that dome structure

Enjoy the K bike:thumb

Welcome from ATX:wave Grew up in SE Houston and still have family/friends in Friendswood/Pearland area

Is that coastal area in your shop down by TX City? Trying to place that dome structure

Enjoy the K bike:thumb

Thanks for the welcome. That photo was taken on the I-45 feeder rd heading north about five miles north of the Galveston causeway, so that’s TX City in the background across the “bay”. Nice clouds that day :). That’s a very large storage tank back there, likely hydrocarbon storage as it’s TX City. Anyway, you’re enjoying nicer riding roads in ATX than I am in Friendswood/Pearland, I’d like to migrate that way one day & try Lime Creek in on this K.

Thanks for the welcome. That photo was taken on the I-45 feeder rd heading north about five miles north of the Galveston causeway, so that’s TX City in the background across the “bay”. Nice clouds that day :). That’s a very large storage tank back there, likely hydrocarbon storage as it’s TX City. Anyway, you’re enjoying nicer riding roads in ATX than I am in Friendswood/Pearland, I’d like to migrate that way one day & try Lime Creek in on this K.

Have been on those transmission structures in background when we were prepping for hurricane Alecia in '83. Waded to a few, flatbottom boat to more. Had a pole line down the middle that already was leaning from being in water for years on approach to causeway. There is a huge Supefund site nearby that concerned us being in water nearby after it was underwater...yuck:eek

Anyways, a member here lives on Limecreek. It's still a fun ride I used to do a few times a week when I lived nearby. Has built up more in population and the sheriff's dept has no sense of humor from the hotshoes bad behavior.

Welcome from down the road in Lake Jackson Texas. You might want to join the local BMW Motorcycle Club of Houston. They have rides often. And they find some twisty roads around here. Usually north of us but still very reachable. Enjoy the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome from down the road in Lake Jackson Texas. You might want to join the local BMW Motorcycle Club of Houston. They have rides often. And they find some twisty roads around here. Usually north of us but still very reachable. Enjoy the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the heads up John...I will look them up.

Hello I’m new too!

I also have the GTL1600....I am in El Paso, Texas....this bike is the best for long trips....I love mine!

Hello from Friendswood, TX. I had an '03 K12RS years ago (RIP) & just got a BMW back in my garage with my recent acquisition of a '13 K16GT locally so I thought I would join MOA to see what it's all about. Looking forward to lurking & maybe attending some events. I am finding this K16 is more conducive to longer treks than my zx10 :).

Back