• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R75/5 SWB replacement exhaust

Looking to replace exhaust on my '72 R75/5 Toaster, SWB. Emgo makes a replacement that looks correct, and I've been reassured by a supplier that the SWB should not have any effect on the exhaust length, but I'm concerned about whether the system in question will bolt up, e.g., match existing points of attachment OK. Any experience or feedback regarding this? Mange tak.

The main frame is pretty much the same. The attach point for the muffler on the bottom of the rear welded tang that mounts the passenger foot peg, I think is the same.

OK thanks Barry.

The attachment point remains the same for SWB or LWB, but the length of the exhaust muffler is often the same for aftermarket exhausts. When aftermarket exhaust is mounted on a SWB bike they may look a little out of proportion, ie: too long, for the bike.

Friedle

When aftermarket exhaust is mounted on a SWB bike they may look a little out of proportion, ie: too long, for the bike.

Sort of like.. ..

001.jpg

I used Emgo mufflers and Mac headers on 71 r60 and every thing matched up perfect. I would send a picture but not smart enough to figure that out.

Welcome to the forum, drost! If there's anything I can do to help with the picture posting, let me or any of the moderators know. :wave

Back