Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: K1300S motosports edition

Dyno run

OK here are the dyno runs from the tuning session at Commonwealth Cycles. These runs are a baseline with a slip on and a run after all tuning was complete with the full Akrapovic exhaust system & the dyno tuned Power Commander five. Be aware that the aftermarket slip on muffler removed the catalytic converter and was freer flowing than the stock muffler. As such the bike was making more HP than it did when it was completely stock. Since I was unable to get dyno results for the bike when it was stock I expect that the difference with the Akra exhaust and the tuned PC five would have been somewhat greater but I cannot quantify that difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dynajohn View Post
    OK here are the dyno runs from the tuning session at Commonwealth Cycles.
    Nice smooth increase right through the rev range.

If anyone is interested I have spreadsheets for both these dyno runs. These show the following information in 250 RPM increments
    1. elapsed time of run
    2. HP
    3. TQ
    4. air fuel ratio
    I always ask for this dyno run information because it gives more detailed data than a simple dyno graph

Still Riding the K1300S

Been awhile since I posted but I am STILL on the K1300S. Mine is a 2015 Motorsports Edition. I have bought and sold quite a few bikes through the years but do believe I will keep this one a bit longer. For me, it does everything well…..except multi-week touring…..and it would be just fine at that were I a bit shorter (6’3”). At my height, it folds me up just a bit too much for very long, multiple day rides. It’s fine for 2-3 days though. The Motorsports Editions have electric suspension, quick shift, forged wheels and HP pegs and the jazzy M paint job. Mine’s only got 3000 miles on it!

I added an Amplink power distribution module which supplies me with extra circuits to the tank bag to charge an iPhone and an iPad. It also supplies power to the GPS, the radar detector, some hi-vis front and rear lighting and a dongle to run an air compressor. Highly recommended.

Grip Puppies are almost mandatory for the thin, hard grips. I run the Akropovic exhaust without the DB killer because below 5000 rpm its not too loud and doesn’t drone……….and above 5K is sounds like a F1 car.

My clutch pulses getting underway but that seems to be something to live with as the causes and fixes have been the subject of many posts at I-BMW with no real answers. My bike runs and shifts just fine so…….meh.

The engine and transmission are as happy at 25 mph as they are at 11k rpm and frightening speeds. The electronic suspension works as advertised and I don’t know why every street bike doesn’t run this front suspension.

I take it to “Cars and Coffee” occasionally and it always generates a crowd and questions. Everyone thinks its BMW’s newest and best.9D5F0EF4-AB97-4395-A004-14CB555C9F3E.jpg
    Last edited by K1300Ser; 01-30-2022 at 07:30 PM.